The Student Room Group

Results Advice

Just got my AS results back and I feel I underperformed.

Maths: Target A / Achieved A
Business: Target A / Achieved B
Law: Target B / Achieved B
Economics: Target A /Achieved B

I plan on carrying on Maths and Economics, but I am unsure on what else to drop. As I said before I feel I underperformed and if I put more work in this year I could come out with AAA, maybe even A*AA (my maths UMS was very high).

My question is what universities would I be looking to apply to for an Economics degree? and would I be able to submit predicted grades of AAA despite my underwhelming results? As well as this, would doing an AS in further maths aid me?

I just want to know what I should do to put me in the best position possible because based on my target grades I was hoping to apply to some of the best universities :frown:... maybe I should just lower my standards :smile:

What do you guys think?

EDIT: My ums marks were as follows...

Maths 286; Business 155; Law 152; Eco 152.
Worth a remark or resit on any of them?? I got a C in unit 2 business which was pretty much a complete failure lol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Holdaboss
Just got my AS results back and I feel I underperformed.

Maths: Target A / Achieved A
Business: Target A / Achieved B
Law: Target B / Achieved B
Economics: Target A /Achieved B

I plan on carrying on Maths and Economics, but I am unsure on what else to drop. As I said before I feel I underperformed and if I put more work in this year I could come out with AAA, maybe even A*AA (my maths UMS was very high).

My question is what universities would I be looking to apply to for an Economics degree? and would I be able to submit predicted grades of AAA despite my underwhelming results? As well as this, would doing an AS in further maths aid me?

I just want to know what I should do to put me in the best position possible because based on my target grades I was hoping to apply to some of the best universities :frown:... maybe I should just lower my standards :smile:

What do you guys think?

A lot of this varies. Whether or not you can submit predicted grades depends on your specific school's policy. Further Maths always helps if you think you would be good at it. Beyond that I think the only sensible way to proceed is to spend some time researching courses now, and then base your A2 choices on the entry requirements of the courses you like the most.
There is an Economics forum in the Universities section of TSR which is very active and has loads of useful threads and advice. So that's a good place to start.
Reply 2
Original post by Craghyrax
A lot of this varies. Whether or not you can submit predicted grades depends on your specific school's policy. Further Maths always helps if you think you would be good at it. Beyond that I think the only sensible way to proceed is to spend some time researching courses now, and then base your A2 choices on the entry requirements of the courses you like the most.
There is an Economics forum in the Universities section of TSR which is very active and has loads of useful threads and advice. So that's a good place to start.

Thanks I will have a look.

Quick Reply

Latest