theudster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, i got my results today and i just dont know what to do.
Im really interested in medicine and following me flopping up my as last year, i really really worked hard this year, but to no avail. i also did quite a bit of work experience in hospitals and surgeries as well as volunteering.
I got a B in Maths,Physics and Chemistry a A in modern Hebrew and i dont know what i got in Biology.
What do i do now, im lost? is medicine a lost dream? and if yes what else can i do?
Advertisement
Tabris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it's only your AS results, it's far from over.
theudster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tabris)
If it's only your AS results, it's far from over.
no its the a2
Advertisement
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by theudster)
no its the a2
Oh, in that case just do a degree, retry again in three years as a graduate if you really want it. You could also resit your A-levels and email each uni RE: their policy on resit candidates.
theudster
Rep:
?
what kind of degree can i do that will allow me later to get accepted as a graduate?
Advertisement
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, i got my results today and i just dont know what to do.
Im really interested in medicine and following me flopping up my as last year, i really really worked hard this year, but to no avail. i also did quite a bit of work experience in hospitals and surgeries as well as volunteering.
I got a B in Maths,Physics and Chemistry a A in modern Hebrew and i dont know what i got in Biology.
What do i do now, im lost? is medicine a lost dream? and if yes what else can i do?
Check the advice on this page here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...medical_school

Generally, the route would be to do another degree and then apply to graduate entry medicine but this is very competitive.

what kind of degree can i do that will allow me later to get accepted as a graduate?
Any life sciences degree - e.g. biomedical science.
CraigKirk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Quite a large variety. It's usually best to stick with some kind of science, preferably chemistry/biology related. Biochemistry, chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, psychology...
Advertisement
theudster
Rep:
?
(Original post by CraigKirk)
Quite a large variety. It's usually best to stick with some kind of science, preferably chemistry/biology related. Biochemistry, chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, psychology...
but will i be able to study these courses with my current results?
CraigKirk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I should think so - the required grades will vary by uni. You could look into clearing now, or apply over the next UCAS cycle.
Advertisement
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Check university prospectuses and the UCAS site.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
More than likely. It depends on the uni.
Advertisement
theudster
Rep:
?
(Original post by CraigKirk)
what do you think would be the best choice? in terms of being able to transfer to medicine afterwards
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what do you think would be the best choice? in terms of being able to transfer to medicine afterwards
Depends on the uni. If they stipulate a certain degree set, pick one from it. If they don't, then go for something you're most likely to get a 2.1 or above in

Southmapton has a lot of English graduates as they like reading a lot haha
Advertisement
theudster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beska)
Check the advice on this page here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...medical_school

Generally, the route would be to do another degree and then apply to graduate entry medicine but this is very competitive.

Any life sciences degree - e.g. biomedical science.
will after doing the course do i have to start medicine undergraduate for 5/6 years?
also do you know any other well-paid jobs in this style of work that i can do, thanks, its just that my school didnt really care about a-levels as they expect most guys to leave after gcse and there is just no support
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
will after doing the course do i have to start medicine undergraduate for 5/6 years?
also do you know any other well-paid jobs in this style of work that i can do, thanks, its just that my school didnt really care about a-levels as they expect most guys to leave after gcse and there is just no support
Grad entry is 4 years but if you apply to undergrad then yes. You'll need to do 5/6 years.
There are plenty of jobs in healthcare if you have a search about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (140)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (290)
29.84%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (475)
48.87%

Watched Threads