Want more information about this university?
DianaM.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thought it would be a good way to somehow find some collegues of mine.

I'll be a Fresher of International Relations and Political Science studies but I am open to people from all courses as I belive it would be nice to meet someone beforehand rather than starting out the school year as a total outsider all alone and afraid.

Thanks

DiDi
AvaLouise
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I've just confirmed my place at the Uni of Birmingham as a Political Science student! I don't know anybody either. So nervous/excited though! I'm hoping they make it an easy environment to make friends as i literally don't know anybody.
pkiller162
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same here
AvaLouise
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Cool 😊 do you know anybody going ?
Tolstoy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, there.

I'm a soon to be student of Physics, and just as nervous/excited as I'm sure everyone else is.
JDH9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I'll be studying Mathematics. Met a few people briefly at an applicant visit day but other than that don't know anyone yet.
Gar3th
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AvaLouise)
Hey, I've just confirmed my place at the Uni of Birmingham as a Political Science student! I don't know anybody either. So nervous/excited though! I'm hoping they make it an easy environment to make friends as i literally don't know anybody.
I'm coming Brum for History and Political Science. You'll be fine we're all in the same situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr.Shake
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DianaM.)

I'll be a Fresher of International Relations and Political Science studies but I am open to people from all courses as I belive it would be nice to meet someone beforehand rather than starting out the school year as a total outsider all alone and afraid.

Thanks

DiDi
Hey!

Im studying law at Birmingham this September! aaand like most ppl i dont know anyyyonee... but it would be cool to meet new people early on! hv you lot sorted out the accomodation? I havent gotten any info on tht yet. But i loved the welcome video they sent!!! looks awesome.

Thanks
AvaLouise
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, thanks! I hope so 😊
hestermae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tolstoy)
Hey, there.

I'm a soon to be student of Physics, and just as nervous/excited as I'm sure everyone else is.
Hi I'm also a physics fresher

and I also don't know anyone (I've been talking to some of my flat mates on facebook though)
Tolstoy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hestermae)
Hi I'm also a physics fresher

and I also don't know anyone (I've been talking to some of my flat mates on facebook though)
Hey, there.

I haven't met any Physics freshers yet, online or otherwise.

I haven't heard anything back from accommodation; I'm starting to worry, but the university assures me that it is normal. Still a bit worried, though.

Did you hear about our Maths exam, early on? Ie. in the first week.
hestermae
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, there.

I haven't met any Physics freshers yet, online or otherwise.

I haven't heard anything back from accommodation; I'm starting to worry, but the university assures me that it is normal. Still a bit worried, though.

Did you hear about our Maths exam, early on? Ie. in the first week.
hi, I heard the day I got my results (I think that was just luck though) they did say it can take up to 14 days so I wouldn't worry

and yeah I heard about that, kinda sucks having an exam when we start but oh well, I'll probably just look over textbooks to remind myself of anything I've forgotten over the summer
Charn96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I've confirmed my place at The University of Birmingham to study Biochemistry.
Anybody else studying this course?
I'm so nervous but so excited at the same time!
Tolstoy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hestermae)
hi, I heard the day I got my results (I think that was just luck though) they did say it can take up to 14 days so I wouldn't worry

and yeah I heard about that, kinda sucks having an exam when we start but oh well, I'll probably just look over textbooks to remind myself of anything I've forgotten over the summer
How did you sort out the prepayment stuff? The £500+? I have no idea how to sort it out in the four days, and it's getting worrying.
vdoto
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Thanks

DiDi
Studied this in first year (changed to IR with a Year abroad for second year) and it was easy to make friends on the course especially during the seminars. Deffo try to talk to a lot of people during freshers in lectures and seminars because everyone is in the same boat, after that it will be a little harder as groups start to form. You can still make friends during the year with people on your course and through societies though. Its easy to make friends in halls as well with all the events going on
hestermae
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How did you sort out the prepayment stuff? The £500+? I have no idea how to sort it out in the four days, and it's getting worrying.
my parents used their credit card (which is saved for things like this), I'm gonna pay them back when student finance comes through
corax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone know if the pre-payment has been taken off the price or does it get taken off at the end?
DianaM.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by vdoto)
Studied this in first year (changed to IR with a Year abroad for second year) and it was easy to make friends on the course especially during the seminars. Deffo try to talk to a lot of people during freshers in lectures and seminars because everyone is in the same boat, after that it will be a little harder as groups start to form. You can still make friends during the year with people on your course and through societies though. Its easy to make friends in halls as well with all the events going on
Thank you I thought the same thing so that was the reason for posting this thread
BTW you can change courses throughout the study years??? Im in IR with political science with a year abroad but I m not so sure about the year abroad now...would it be possible to change it to IR with political science without it let say after the first or second year???
absman123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im studying chemical engineering with business management, anyone else doing the same course?
vdoto
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you I thought the same thing so that was the reason for posting this thread
BTW you can change courses throughout the study years??? Im in IR with political science with a year abroad but I m not so sure about the year abroad now...would it be possible to change it to IR with political science without it let say after the first or second year???
You have to change by the very beginning of second year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (78)
14.08%
I'm not sure (24)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (177)
31.95%
I have already dropped out (11)
1.99%
I'm not a current university student (264)
47.65%

Watched Threads