The Student Room Group

Help me decide guys pls help

Should I get my sociology remarked (OCR)?? I was 5 marks off a B & in the other one I was 4 marks off an A like one of them has a 52 mark questions so if another examiner marks it i may gain a few?

Are maths exams even worth remarking since there is only one answer like I checked the mark schemes & was hoping for an A in c2 but got a D

For history (EDEXCEL) I got a D (C & E) for both I'm like 2/3/4 marks away from the next grade like I plan on retaking the E but wouldn't mind a B instead of a C in the first one

Give me advice I'm sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will cost you a tonne of money but if you really think you should have done better you should get them remarked. If you're waiting for a uni place get a priority remark but if not a normal one will be much cheaper
Yeah that's what's worrying me but apparently if the grade changes then you get your money back
I got BCD - shall I even bother applying uni like I wanna do economics at Nottingham & u need an AAA like I'm gonna retake a few but still

You can also get your script back & see it, shall I do that first??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I might get the sociology ones remarked because I actually have a chance of getting an A in that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Slim Shady 96
Should I get my sociology remarked (OCR)?? I was 5 marks off a B & in the other one I was 4 marks off an A like one of them has a 52 mark questions so if another examiner marks it i may gain a few?

Are maths exams even worth remarking since there is only one answer like I checked the mark schemes & was hoping for an A in c2 but got a D

For history (EDEXCEL) I got a D (C & E) for both I'm like 2/3/4 marks away from the next grade like I plan on retaking the E but wouldn't mind a B instead of a C in the first one

Give me advice I'm sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear things didn't go your way. In regards to Maths, they can sometimes be worth remarking (in the past I have gained a mark in two seperate maths exams by having them remarked), but the mark is usually very static. I would only get the maths remarked if you narrowly missed the grade above what you received.

I would recommend -if you can afford it- having the sociology and history exams remarked. Worse case scenario, you get the remark back and it ends up going down, but you had planned to retake anyway right?

Best case scenario, your grade goes up and you don't have to retake that particular exam next year, clearing up space for your other ones. I personally would have some of your exams remarked :smile:
How did you miss by that much for C2? Did you look at Arsey's unofficial mark scheme afterwards? I mean if you got the final answer I would count it as full marks and then deduct about 2-3 at the end incase for any accuracy errors.
Original post by Dilzo999
How did you miss by that much for C2? Did you look at Arsey's unofficial mark scheme afterwards? I mean if you got the final answer I would count it as full marks and then deduct about 2-3 at the end incase for any accuracy errors.

Yes I did and the max I could get was 62 & minimum 55 don't know how I got a D tho like in my last papers I was getting 95%+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colroyd
I'm sorry to hear things didn't go your way. In regards to Maths, they can sometimes be worth remarking (in the past I have gained a mark in two seperate maths exams by having them remarked), but the mark is usually very static. I would only get the maths remarked if you narrowly missed the grade above what you received.

I would recommend -if you can afford it- having the sociology and history exams remarked. Worse case scenario, you get the remark back and it ends up going down, but you had planned to retake anyway right?

Best case scenario, your grade goes up and you don't have to retake that particular exam next year, clearing up space for your other ones. I personally would have some of your exams remarked :smile:

Yes that was exactly what I was thinking!! I don't wanna do too many resists & if I can get a better grade then that's good! Idk if my college will pay for it tho but I don't mind paying, any ways I can get the college to pay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slim Shady 96
Yes I did and the max I could get was 62 & minimum 55 don't know how I got a D tho like in my last papers I was getting 95%+

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah then get it remarked, even if it doesn't change you'll know that you tried.
Original post by Dilzo999
Yeah then get it remarked, even if it doesn't change you'll know that you tried.

It's £40 tho so it'll be a waste I might as well retake & make it an A next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never actually thought about this. I got 418 points for maths so I ended up with a C. You need 420 for B. I did my a levels in 2012 tho but im reapplying again, is it too late to remark my tests? Theyd have to remark all 6 tests tho I think and since I did it 2012 it might be too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending