britishboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all, Happy Results Day! Just got my AS results: Maths A, Chemistry A, Biology B and German B. Slightly disappointed because I was expecting all A's and was very very close (will do remarks and possibly a resit or two).
Wanting to do Biochemistry at Bath, Bristol, Oxford, Cardiff, Exeter or Warwick and probably have the predicted A-Level grades of Maths A*, Chemistry A and Biology A.
Have done work experience in top labs in Cambridge (and local GP surgeries) a STEM World course for Biomedical Sciences at Imperial.
What do you guys think are my chances for getting into these uni's (focusing on Bath and Bristol) with these okay-ish AS-Level results?
Any opinions are greatly appreciated
lewishumble1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by britishboy)
Hi all, Happy Results Day! Just got my AS results: Maths A, Chemistry A, Biology B and German B. Slightly disappointed because I was expecting all A's and was very very close (will do remarks and possibly a resit or two).
Wanting to do Biochemistry at Bath, Bristol, Oxford, Cardiff, Exeter or Warwick and probably have the predicted A-Level grades of Maths A*, Chemistry A and Biology A.
Have done work experience in top labs in Cambridge (and local GP surgeries) a STEM World course for Biomedical Sciences at Imperial.
What do you guys think are my chances for getting into these uni's (focusing on Bath and Bristol) with these okay-ish AS-Level results?
Any opinions are greatly appreciated

Hey, congrats on your AS results they are great. I can say that if you keep it up you'll probably walk into any of those universities. I'm a Cardiff student though and would definitely recommend it, perfectly tailored for students and the courses are really well respected being a Russell Group uni.

Really would be worth a look!

Congrats again!
britishboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by lewishumble1)
Hey, congrats on your AS results they are great. I can say that if you keep it up you'll probably walk into any of those universities. I'm a Cardiff student though and would definitely recommend it, perfectly tailored for students and the courses are really well respected being a Russell Group uni.

Really would be worth a look!

Congrats again!
Thanks very much friend! you sure the uni's won't be slightly reluctant to accept me considering I got 2 B's at AS? (even if my A2 predictions are decent)
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by britishboy)
x
I don't know what the requirements are to get an university place at Bath or Brisdol, but the fact that you have worked in a laboratory and collected experiences is a good recommendation for the university, better than the good marks in your AS results in my opinion which are good as well. I would say you have good chances. Good luck!
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think most universities focus on your predicted grades - and A*AA I think should meet all their entrance requirements. They will look at your AS results too - however they don't know how close you were to getting an A in Biology so would probably believe your teachers when they predict you an A in it...
I would say that you have a very good chance at most of those universities. Only one you will probably struggle with is Oxford since most applicants would have achieved straight As at AS - however remember they still have the interview and possibly an admissions test, so if you do very well on these you would still be in with a chance of an offer.
Bear in mind that these universities would be giving you conditional offers - so make sure you feel confident at meeting your predicted grades, particularly since you are applying to top universities who are less likely to be lenient on grades on results day.
britishboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by dragonkeeper999)
I think most universities focus on your predicted grades - and A*AA I think should meet all their entrance requirements. They will look at your AS results too - however they don't know how close you were to getting an A in Biology so would probably believe your teachers when they predict you an A in it...
I would say that you have a very good chance at most of those universities. Only one you will probably struggle with is Oxford since most applicants would have achieved straight As at AS - however remember they still have the interview and possibly an admissions test, so if you do very well on these you would still be in with a chance of an offer.
Bear in mind that these universities would be giving you conditional offers - so make sure you feel confident at meeting your predicted grades, particularly since you are applying to top universities who are less likely to be lenient on grades on results day.
Valid points there thanks very much for sharing your knowledge on this - it's really useful and comorting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.59%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.89%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.91%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.63%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.15%

Watched Threads