This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
HELP!!!Im supposed to be doing my AS coursework but I dont know what to base it on. I would prefer something which could be done on people my age than any other. Any suggestions please?????
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
see a post i put on further down by JABBOTT it has a link to a great site with ideas for courseowrk.

Sexual attraction is a popualr one!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I couldn`t find the post. do you know what the site was?
sexual attraction is my latest idea :P
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah i did mine on that and got an A so couldnt have been that bad!
I'll get you started:

Sexual Selection in Evolutionary Psychology:
A survey on the difference of preferences of both genders for a long-term partner.

The aim is to prove that differences in sexual selection exist between the genders.
2 hypotheses were required as there were 3 variables. (1) Males will rate criteria based on appearance higher than females. (2) Females will rate criteria associated with status higher than males. They have directions as all the studies covered have suggested the similar results.

Studies into sexual selection using published advertisements:
Dunbar (1995)
Greenlees & McGrew (1994)

Studies using a questionnaire method:
Buss (1989)
Buss and Barnes (1986)

Method of your coursework should be a questionnaire asking people to rate their preferences for criteria, some of which are based on status and others based on looks.

Hope this helps, The results are interesting also.

Jay
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
try therehttp://college.hmco.com/psychology/b...y/6e/students/
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I based mine on the matching hypothesis and Murstein's study, i.e that people are attracted to people with a similar level of physical attractiveness to themselves. I took photos of couples in the street and got people to rate them and then compered the pysical attractiveness in the couple.
Its quite an easy one. I got an A for it.
Beth
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I based mine on the matching hypothesis and Murstein's study, i.e that people are attracted to people with a similar level of physical attractiveness to themselves. I took photos of couples in the street and got people to rate them and then compered the pysical attractiveness in the couple.
Its quite an easy one. I got an A for it.
I am currently doing this as my coursework. If anyone needs some help i'd be willing to help out, maybe send you some ideas. This is a really easy one for the coursework...minimum of fuss or effort really! I printed pictures off the net as my photos- google images-couples. I'm going to write that i had their consent simply because if they put their pictures on the net then they should accept people using them for such things. This really works and it's so easy.
merkat1
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi beth my names fiona and im really desperate at the moment i have been really ill at the moment and found out today that the rough draft of my coursework has to be in tomorrow and it is on the matching hypothesis.i no i don't no you but is ther anychance you could give me anything i could hand in because i don't no what else to do!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (161)
15.56%
Uncertainty around my education (168)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (99)
9.57%
Isolating with family (71)
6.86%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.77%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.7%
Loneliness (102)
9.86%
Financial worries (46)
4.44%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (95)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.15%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.7%

Watched Threads