Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    Sorry, but I didn’t dress up as an Ompalumpa for nothing!!
    Crunchy penut butter or smooth peanut butter - this will determine whether you get rep or not...

ReputationRep:
    Why, crunchy, of course!
    Eeew no! Smooth!!!!! It's far better to write with.
    PS - thanks!! Can't give any rep today, maybe tomoz...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, well ... all over the butter of peanuts!!

PS I still warmly congratulate you on your marvellous achievement.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    A feather.

ReputationRep:
    Why isn't "bloody stump of an EX advesary" up there?
    Huh? Is it wrong to write in other people's blood?

ReputationRep:
    But for real, I like those reallllllllly skinny ink pens that are grey. What the hell are they called? With the 0.35mm tip?

They write beautifully as do Paperchase biros. I have one especially for my diary covered in pink hearts. It's sooo cute and I love writing with it

ReputationRep:
    Mont blanc.

ReputationRep:
    i always use a standard parker. Biros are cheaper but are too tempting to lose/destroy/eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    too tempting to eat.
    I had a friend who used to chew the end of her fountain pens. One day she put the wrong end in her mouth. Apparently fountain pen ink doesn't taste that great.

I like using fountain pens. I get cheap ones from Partners, so it doesn't matter if I lose them.

ReputationRep:
    I have already done a similar thread to this:

http://www.uk-learning.net/t23917.html

ReputationRep:
    I like paperchase biro's I have one with dragonflys on at the mo. but they seem to run out very quickly. I can't stand writing with pencils because I have really messy wrting and they just make it worse

ReputationRep:
    May I congratulate you, Lord Huntroyde, on a fine thread?
    Thank you, a thread so fine it was recreated by another member.

ReputationRep:
    Rotring Visupoint black pen with fine point is my instrument of choice. Failing that a fine black gel type pen would do. I prefer pencil to biro. I do like fountain pens but they tend to get really messy I find.

ReputationRep:
    I hate gel pens. The splodge and get all over my hands. Plus, they use too much ink - a gel pen only lasts 6 hours (girl had new pen for exams today and it ran out.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I hate gel pens. The splodge and get all over my hands. Plus, they use too much ink - a gel pen only lasts 6 hours (girl had new pen for exams today and it ran out.)
    You should invest in a mont blanc Blissy, or get your bf to buy you one for your BD They only cost £200-300 and will last for ever, and seen as you love your English I feel it would be a valued purchase.

ReputationRep:
    yeah!! biros are winning. You can't beat a biro, mount blanc my arse- how many of them can you get for £2.50.

I think biros are just so damn smooth and always dry. And it has to be a Bic I don't accept the crappy WHSmith biros, they are too damn pointy. Have you ever destroyed a Bic lid during an panic question on an exam, relieves all the tension.

everyone probably disagrees with me but I hate the Parker crap, i find them scracthy

gel pens suck, they just put too much ink on the page and always look messy.

ReputationRep:
    hey
    this is my 1st time here, and this is great!
    hey hattori i totally agree with u!
    i h8 gel pens, i just cant write properly in them. i bought a load and it was crap so i ended up giving them to my friend.
    i used to hav fountain pen when i was younger but i can only write with them sometimes, biros are best because u can write rough with them and they still look ok.
    any way gotta go
    luv u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    You should invest in a mont blanc Blissy, or get your bf to buy you one for your BD They only cost £200-300 and will last for ever, and seen as you love your English I feel it would be a valued purchase.
    only £200-300???

ReputationRep:
    I like a nice liquid link rollerball, I usually lose my pens before I run out anyway. You can't go too far wrong with the Pilot range, I would say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Were you one of the people who collected the balls from the cartridges and put them in the end of your pen so it rattled a bit when you wrote?!! I did that for a while
    I loved those! I collected them in a tic tac box when I was in junior school.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.