The Student Room Group

What should I do now?

Hiya guys,
My AS level results were released two days ago.They were:
A in Economics
B in Mathematics
B in ICT
B in Physics.
Well,I were expecting at least 3 A's and a B or possibly,4 A's.My teachers had predicted all A's for me.Moving on,I were considering to apply to London School of Economics and Political Sciences and the other good universities in the UK.And now I feel that I will get rejected within minutes.My IGCSES were terrible.B's,A's,a C and a D.I hadn't worked hard enough.This year,I had really put in a lot of effort and was disappointed I hadn't got the result I were anticipating :frown:.Should I retake the subjects I got a B in or should I apply after my A-levels?Another alternative would be to apply using my AS level results.Good suggestions would be welcome.
The universities I am looking forward to applying are Trinity College Ireland,Warwick,University of Manchester,York University(Canada) and there can perhaps be others.Can you guys also advise me which universities should I apply to?
Cheers
Original post by Skill Twix
Hiya guys,
My AS level results were released two days ago.They were:
A in Economics
B in Mathematics
B in ICT
B in Physics.
Well,I were expecting at least 3 A's and a B or possibly,4 A's.My teachers had predicted all A's for me.Moving on,I were considering to apply to London School of Economics and Political Sciences and the other good universities in the UK.And now I feel that I will get rejected within minutes.My IGCSES were terrible.B's,A's,a C and a D.I hadn't worked hard enough.This year,I had really put in a lot of effort and was disappointed I hadn't got the result I were anticipating :frown:.Should I retake the subjects I got a B in or should I apply after my A-levels?Another alternative would be to apply using my AS level results.Good suggestions would be welcome.
The universities I am looking forward to applying are Trinity College Ireland,Warwick,University of Manchester,York University(Canada) and there can perhaps be others.Can you guys also advise me which universities should I apply to?
Cheers

I'd say, first of all, don't panic! Your grades aren't bad at all - and definitely don't rule you out from going to a good university! I'd say continue on as you're thinking, maybe consider retaking a couple of modules if you're near an A in a subject, and do your best you can with your A2s and the rest of your application! You're definitely worrying here, when you should be celebrating! :biggrin:
Reply 2
I am rather confused.Wouldn't life be hectic if I were to do some of the modules again?Since you've responded,which universities would be accepting such grades?
I hope I really get into LSE but my IGCSE grades will let me down!
Original post by Skill Twix
I am rather confused.Wouldn't life be hectic if I were to do some of the modules again?Since you've responded,which universities would be accepting such grades?
I hope I really get into LSE but my IGCSE grades will let me down!

Bit hectic, but it's very common to do! It's worth talking to your teachers/advisors at school about whether they think it's worth it. You can totally still get into good uni with your current grades, so it may not be worth it. :smile:

I'm afraid I can't recommend specific universities, but have a look at entry requirements and see if you can meet them!
Reply 4
Well,that's fine

Quick Reply

Latest