The Student Room Group

Bristol Uni clearing-anyone heard back?

I rang Bristol uni this morning about a place through clearing, they told me i would be considered and hear back later today, anyone had the same and heard back yet?
Original post by satch83
I rang Bristol uni this morning about a place through clearing, they told me i would be considered and hear back later today, anyone had the same and heard back yet?

Hey Satch83!

Giving this a bump :biggrin: Did you hear back from Bristol about your clearing place?

Fingers crossed for you! :h:
Reply 2
Thanks, never heard a thing! I'm sure it would have been polite even for a simple email saying no :-)
Original post by satch83
Thanks, never heard a thing! I'm sure it would have been polite even for a simple email saying no :-)

True, but it would also have been a good idea to chase them up. Did you consider that your application might have got lost in the system?
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
True, but it would also have been a good idea to chase them up. Did you consider that your application might have got lost in the system?

Rang them 3 times and was always told i was being considered and would hear back soon. Got a place somewhere else now which I'm happy with :-)
Original post by satch83
Rang them 3 times and was always told i was being considered and would hear back soon. Got a place somewhere else now which I'm happy with :-)

Congratulations on your place :smile: Have an amazing time at uni!
Original post by satch83

Well done! Arrogant sods weren't they? It seems like a trend that 'top' unis behave the worst in clearing - Durham were notoriously bad in 2013, though I don't know about this year.
Well done! Arrogant sods weren't they? It seems like a trend that 'top' unis behave the worst in clearing - Durham were notoriously bad in 2013, though I don't know about this year.

Durham this year haven't been in clearing properly.

But they've been pretty nasty to their firm and insurance applicants who missed the grades slightly. Last I checked there were still a bunch stuck in limbo waiting for a committee meeting happening today :rolleyes:
Original post by PQ
Durham this year haven't been in clearing properly.

But they've been pretty nasty to their firm and insurance applicants who missed the grades slightly. Last I checked there were still a bunch stuck in limbo waiting for a committee meeting happening today :rolleyes:

A meeting which could have taken place last week?
A meeting which could have taken place last week?

Everywhere else managed it, so quite why Durham thought they couldn't is a mystery. They actually had the cheek to try and defend themselves regarding the matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending