Saayana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi

cant decide on which degree for career prospects. Is biomedical science based on lab work in hospital and biological science animals and plants?
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Saayana)
Hi

cant decide on which degree for career prospects. Is biomedical science based on lab work in hospital and biological science animals and plants?
Hello,

I've just finished my degree in biomedical science. Biomedical science is biology related to medicine, our course information can be found here. Biological sciences tend to be more broad and cover other elements of biology. Biomedical science opens up many opportunities, especially if you pick an IBMS accredited course like the one here at Lincoln. From doing my undergraduate degree in biomed, I've had many opportunities and I now have been accepted to start a postgrad in marketing.

Hope that helps

Reece
(Student Ambassador - Undergraduate Biomedical Science, Postgraduate Marketing)
Saayana
Rep:
?
Thank you for your reply. So after this I can try to get a job? Or will I have to do a masters or post grad course?

Thanks
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you for your reply. So after this I can try to get a job? Or will I have to do a masters or post grad course?

Thanks
Hello,

You don't necessarily need to go on to postgraduate. I did as I have decided to change career direction, and you would also need to if you wanted to go onto graduate entry medicine. However 85% of our graduates go straight into work following completion of their undergraduate degree, so don't think you have to do a postgraduate degree.

Reece
(Student Ambassador - Undergraduate Marketing, Postgraduate Marketing)
Kasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi

Both, but ONLY IF THE DEGREE IS ACCREDITED.

If is not, run a mile..
Saayana
Rep:
?
I think mine is accredited. So if I wanted to do medicine after I can do so right after the undergraduate? I've decided on Biomedical science !
Kasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think mine is accredited. So if I wanted to do medicine after I can do so right after the undergraduate? I've decided on Biomedical science !
That is not a good reason to do it..
Saayana
Rep:
?
No? My uni does the biomedical and md joint courses so I thought to either so that or a postgrad after the undergraduate?
Saayana
Rep:
?
http://www.wlv.ac.uk/default.aspx?page=37811 this is the course i have seen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.58%
I'm not sure (8)
3.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (85)
36.8%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.73%
I'm not a current university student (98)
42.42%

Watched Threads