The Student Room Group

Bizarre Acceptance

Okay here's the situation which has appear today on results day.
I was applying to 2 different universities Manchester Met & Hertfordshire as Firm and Insurance respectfully as followed:

My Firm Offer: Manchester Metropolitan University - 240 UCAS points with at least a C in Mathematics (Economics/Mathematics Joint Honours).

My Insurance Offer:
University of Hertfordshire - 300 UCAS with at least a C in Mathematics (Economics/Mathematics Joint Honours).

Basically from this it is blatantly obvious that it should be impossible for me to be accepted into my Insurance Offer, since it's 60 UCAS points higher than my firm. Since my lowest offer was Manchester Met i just decided to put Hertfordshire as my Insurance Offer... You never know!

Today received my A level results which are as followed:
Mathematics: C (80)
Info Technology: D (60)
Economics: E (40)
AS Critical Thinking: D (30)

This should tally to a total 210 UCAS points which should no be enough to get into my Firm Offer of 240 UCAS points let alone be accepted into my insurance. As I expected i was not accepted into my Firm Offer, but i did notice I was accepted into my Insurance Offer despite having 90 UCAS points below the conditions - University of Hertfordshire.
Just something I would like to share as it seemed very odd considering my results and the fact I wasn't accepted into my Firm considering the points different between my Firm and Insurance was 60.
Hertfordshire have been far more lenient than Manchester Met. That's about all there is to it :smile:
Reply 2
Congratulations. Was quite risky choosing a higher offer for your insurance though.
Reply 3
Original post by darts421
Okay here's the situation which has appear today on results day.
I was applying to 2 different universities Manchester Met & Hertfordshire as Firm and Insurance respectfully as followed:

My Firm Offer: Manchester Metropolitan University - 240 UCAS points with at least a C in Mathematics (Economics/Mathematics Joint Honours).

My Insurance Offer:
University of Hertfordshire - 300 UCAS with at least a C in Mathematics (Economics/Mathematics Joint Honours).

Basically from this it is blatantly obvious that it should be impossible for me to be accepted into my Insurance Offer, since it's 60 UCAS points higher than my firm. Since my lowest offer was Manchester Met i just decided to put Hertfordshire as my Insurance Offer... You never know!

Today received my A level results which are as followed:
Mathematics: C (80)
Info Technology: D (60)
Economics: E (40)
AS Critical Thinking: D (30)

This should tally to a total 210 UCAS points which should no be enough to get into my Firm Offer of 240 UCAS points let alone be accepted into my insurance. As I expected i was not accepted into my Firm Offer, but i did notice I was accepted into my Insurance Offer despite having 90 UCAS points below the conditions - University of Hertfordshire.
Just something I would like to share as it seemed very odd considering my results and the fact I wasn't accepted into my Firm considering the points different between my Firm and Insurance was 60.

Top notch.
Some applicants don't put an insurance down simply because they didn't get an offer lower than their firm choice. Your example shows why it's still worth putting them down as the insurance could be lenient. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest