The Student Room Group

GCSE!!!! help me

i picked my options as separate science , history , Spanish and business studies

i don't want to do business studies , i want to do drama but my dad says to business studies and if you want to do drama take away Spanish , what should i do?
Original post by crosbycasey56
i picked my options as separate science , history , Spanish and business studies

i don't want to do business studies , i want to do drama but my dad says to business studies and if you want to do drama take away Spanish , what should i do?

Do you know what you want to do in the future?
Original post by milliethemoo
Do you know what you want to do in the future?

i want to be dentist but i should have a back up
i want to be dentist but i should have a back up

At the end of the day, it's better to do the subjects you think you would be good at, would enjoy and could lead to possible career choices, not what your dad wants you to do. If I were you I'd keep Spanish and get rid of business studies. Learning a language shows a lot of intelligence and Drama is great for improving confidence and teamworking skills :smile:.
At the end of the day, it's better to do the subjects you think you would be good at, would enjoy and could lead to possible career choices, not what your dad wants you to do. If I were you I'd keep Spanish and get rid of business studies. Learning a language shows a lot of intelligence and Drama is great for improving confidence and teamworking skills :smile:.

great advice :biggrin:
Drama was definitely the subject I enjoyed most at GCSE, mainly because it was so much more fun than all the other subjects - we always did acting in lessons and our exam board meant most of our grade depended on performances rather than essays. If you like Drama, I would definitely advise taking it as not only is it a confiedence booster, I had to do barely any work at home for it. Drama to me was a nice 'break' from other academic subject - mainly because it's something I loved. I am now carrying it on to A-Level, not because I want to do acting in the future, but because I couldn't bare to look at a timetable without it ^.^

Also, a lot of my friends found Business a very dull, boring subject. Many found it repetitive and soon became tired of it.

However, it is easier to get higher grades in Business than Drama (at my school, according to previous results) so this can affect your view on it, depending on what you care about (grades or enjoyment)

I can also see your other options - history, spanish and sciences - are all academic and so Drama will show variety in your abilities, it will show not only are you academic but also creative, but I don't believe Business reflects this as much.

I hope this helped - good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say go with drama. Not only does it shoe that you're confident and can work independently or in groups, but it shows that you're a well-rounded pupil. So many life skills can be gained from drama and it really does prepare you for the future. Business is probably easier to do well in and requires less effort, but it's dull and not interesting. I'd go with drama, but it's entirely you're choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meganmolly
Drama was definitely the subject I enjoyed most at GCSE, mainly because it was so much more fun than all the other subjects - we always did acting in lessons and our exam board meant most of our grade depended on performances rather than essays. If you like Drama, I would definitely advise taking it as not only is it a confiedence booster, I had to do barely any work at home for it. Drama to me was a nice 'break' from other academic subject - mainly because it's something I loved. I am now carrying it on to A-Level, not because I want to do acting in the future, but because I couldn't bare to look at a timetable without it ^.^

Also, a lot of my friends found Business a very dull, boring subject. Many found it repetitive and soon became tired of it.

However, it is easier to get higher grades in Business than Drama (at my school, according to previous results) so this can affect your view on it, depending on what you care about (grades or enjoyment)

I can also see your other options - history, spanish and sciences - are all academic and so Drama will show variety in your abilities, it will show not only are you academic but also creative, but I don't believe Business reflects this as much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks very much
Original post by DaisyTwilight
I'd say go with drama. Not only does it shoe that you're confident and can work independently or in groups, but it shows that you're a well-rounded pupil. So many life skills can be gained from drama and it really does prepare you for the future. Business is probably easier to do well in and requires less effort, but it's dull and not interesting. I'd go with drama, but it's entirely you're choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks a lot but would you choose spanish or business
I'd pick Spanish over business

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd pick Spanish over business

Posted from TSR Mobile

thnx
Spanish over business imo. Apparently business gcse isn't that respected but then again since you want to go into dentistry I would recommend you to make sure you ace ur GCSEs no matter the subject. Just give you that more impressive profile for when applying to dentistry.
Original post by longsightdon
Spanish over business imo. Apparently business gcse isn't that respected but then again since you want to go into dentistry I would recommend you to make sure you ace ur GCSEs no matter the subject. Just give you that more impressive profile for when applying to dentistry.

taa
taa

Np

Why do you have to take away Spanish to do drama?

Original post by meganmolly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by longsightdon

Agree with all that ^ Great advice :yep:

thanks a lot but would you choose spanish or business
I'd choose Spanish. I think itwould be more preferred by universities as it gives you great skill and learning a language can be used in many jobs.. also think that it would be more enjoyable learning a language rather than doing business for me.. also is an EBacc subject :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
Agree with all that ^ Great advice :yep:

I'd choose Spanish. I think itwould be more preferred by universities as it gives you great skill and learning a language can be used in many jobs.. also think that it would be more enjoyable learning a language rather than doing business for me.. also is an EBacc subject :smile:

thnx alot

Drama is harder than buisness studies, which isn't actually that hard or important. You definitely don't need it, and my brother took it and hated it. Do take Spanish though, a gcse in a language is very useful! And drama is a good subject, it looks very good and makes you seem well rounded. Buisness studies, I don't know, at my school it's not regarded as so great.
Original post by AnkitKapoor
Drama is harder than buisness studies, which isn't actually that hard or important. You definitely don't need it, and my brother took it and hated it. Do take Spanish though, a gcse in a language is very useful! And drama is a good subject, it looks very good and makes you seem well rounded. Buisness studies, I don't know, at my school it's not regarded as so great.

thnxs a lot

Quick Reply

Latest