Essex, Hull, or Swansea?! Clearing offers. Watch

iSmile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can ANYONE help my decide which of the three Universities I should accept my clearing offer from? There's pros and cons for each so literally anything you guys could tell me would be great, I can't decide! Ahhhhh
ESSEX HULL OR SWANSEA?!
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iSmile)
Can ANYONE help my decide which of the three Universities I should accept my clearing offer from? There's pros and cons for each so literally anything you guys could tell me would be great, I can't decide! Ahhhhh
ESSEX HULL OR SWANSEA?!
Really difficult for us to do this given we don't know what course you are talking about, what type of university you are interested in, where you want to live for three years... etc etc.

I would suggest that you draw yourself a table with the factors most important to you and score each uni against those factors. Do not forget to include course content and options - probably the most important factor.
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi iSmile

I'm Becky, ambassador at Swansea Metropolitan University of Wales, Trinity Saint David. If you have a look at our twitter accounts, we've been busy posting photos and info about @UWTSD and the area for a few weeks - just search for us on twitter or facebook "_UWTSD".

What uni were you looking at, was it Swansea Metropolitan University of Wales, Trinity Saint David, or Swansea University? If you aren't sure, which courses were you interested in studying?

I've just completed my first year of an MA in Contemporary Dialogues at Swansea Metropolitan UWTSD, after graduating with a BA in Fine Art in 2013. I've always lived in Swansea, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the UK! Swansea nightlife is great - google search for the infamous 'Wind Street' in Swansea - and it's also cheap to eat out. The beach and the town centre are right next to each other, with campuses dotted not too far away (some campuses are right in the town centre). What are your interests?

Hope I can be of some help!
Becky

@Becky_UWTSD
bmc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just to say, if you have a chance, try to visit some of /all the places - different environments will give you a very different student experience over 3 years, so it's important to choose the place that suits you and which you'll be happy at.

Swansea Uni is running visits from today until next Friday from 11.00am to 4.00pm. No booking required, just roll up (details at http://www.swansea.ac.uk/clearing/open-afternoons/)

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (143)
60.34%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.64%
No- I want it (66)
27.85%
No- I don't want it (17)