Ben44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi. GCSE results are almost among us but last year I did triple science and got my results. I just have a few questions... in year 9 I sat B1 and B2. In b1 I was forced to sit foundation and got 57/60 - C. The school then put me in for higher, bearing in mind I was only in year 9 and had no idea how to revise not even mentioning the fact it was my first higher paper and I was super nervous, I got 41/60 - B. This brings me to last year, I developed a revision technique and got 52/60 - A* in b3. Overall this gave me a B. Now coming up to starting A levels I'm worried that when I apply to uni I'll have no chance because I want to do a biology degree but I only have a B Grade in it... should I resit b1, b2 and b3 alongside my a levels in biology, geography and psychology? I believe I could get A* or will it not matter?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ben44)
Hi. GCSE results are almost among us but last year I did triple science and got my results. I just have a few questions... in year 9 I sat B1 and B2. In b1 I was forced to sit foundation and got 57/60 - C. The school then put me in for higher, bearing in mind I was only in year 9 and had no idea how to revise not even mentioning the fact it was my first higher paper and I was super nervous, I got 41/60 - B. This brings me to last year, I developed a revision technique and got 52/60 - A* in b3. Overall this gave me a B. Now coming up to starting A levels I'm worried that when I apply to uni I'll have no chance because I want to do a biology degree but I only have a B Grade in it... should I resit b1, b2 and b3 alongside my a levels in biology, geography and psychology? I believe I could get A* or will it not matter?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Hey,

Most universities are not going to be concerned about your GCSE grades, so I wouldn't worry about this. Just focus on doing well in your A Levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (8)
13.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (11)
18.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (27)
46.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (9)
15.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads