Imperfection--
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently in Year 12 and going to be in Year 13 this summer. I am taking BTEC Sport and exercise sciences, English Literature,Sociology and Psychology. I decided to drop Psychology because that's the subject that I got a U and continue BTEC sport because I got DDD and overall I got a Distinction*. What I'm confused about is that when I am looking at Uni's and their entry requirements, it says A-Levels: ABB. Does my BTEC Sport count as an "A-Level" because I am continuing the course to 100% as my BTEC level 3 cert is only 50% (Which the 100% is equivalent to 1 A level) and I am also studying English Lit and Sociology.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/nationa...s/default.aspx

Also, when it says: "BTEC National Diplomas= Distinction, Distinction, Merit" what does that mean? Does my BTEC Sport come into that category?

Moreover, when it says "Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDM With A Level Grade B in a humanities related subject" what does it mean?Does my BTEC Sport go into that category? If so, is my A level subjects that I chose a humanities based subject?

Lastly, I'm confused about the gradings in BTEC. For example, When it says "You need DDM" how are the grades added up together? Like for example in "Anatomy or sport and exercise" I got a distinction, in "Sport and exercise physiology" I got a distinction and in "Sport and exercise psychology"I got a distinction. For next year if I get DDM what is my overall grade?
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Imperfection--)
I am currently in Year 12 and going to be in Year 13 this summer. I am taking BTEC Sport, English Literature,Sociology and Psychology. I decided to drop Psychology because that's the subject that I got a U and continue BTEC sport because I got DDD and overall I got a Distinction*. What I'm confused about is that when I am looking at Uni's and their entry requirements, it says A-Levels: ABB. Does my BTEC Sport count as an "A-Level" because I am continuing the course to 100% as my BTEC level 3 cert is only 50% (Which the 100% is equivalent to 1 A level) and I am also studying English Lit and Sociology.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/nationa...s/default.aspx

Also, when it says: "BTEC National Diplomas= Distinction, Distinction, Merit" what does that mean? Does my BTEC Sport come into that category?

Moreover, when it says "Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDM With A Level Grade B in a humanities related subject" what does it mean?Does my BTEC Sport go into that category? If so, is my A level subjects that I chose a humanities based subject?

Lastly, I'm confused about the gradings in BTEC. For example, When it says "You need DDM" how are the grades added up together? Like for example in "Anatomy or sport and exercise" I got a distinction, in "Sport and exercise physiology" I got a distinction and in "Sport and exercise psychology"I got a distinction. For next year if I get DDM what is my overall grade?
You need to check with your college which category of BTEC your course comes into, and whether it will qualify you to apply to university. I don't know how the BTEC grades are calculated, but again someone at college should be able to explain this to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (17)
6.25%
Uncertainty around my education (30)
11.03%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (31)
11.4%
Lack of purpose or motivation (41)
15.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (16)
5.88%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (11)
4.04%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (27)
9.93%
Financial worries (17)
6.25%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (9)
3.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (17)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.21%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (31)
11.4%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (19)
6.99%

Watched Threads