Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone off this year? Cracking line-up - they've got David Bowie, the man the legend

ReputationRep:
    I'd go if it wasn't in Scotland. That is sooooo far away and I am poor enough as it is! Why can't those brilliant bands (ie Muse) be playing at the Isle of Wight festival! That is like 20mins from my house! Grrrr, darn bands choosing Scotland...grrrr

ReputationRep:
    You've got a great line up at IoW!
    Main Stage
    Friday 11 June
    Stereophonics - confirmed
    Groove Armada (live) - confirmed
    Super Furry Animals - confirmed
    Saturday 12 June
    The Who - confirmed
    Manic Street Preachers - confirmed
    Jet - confirmed
    The Stands - confirmed
    The Electric Soft Parade - confirmed
    British Sea Power - confirmed
    Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel - confirmed
    Sunday 13 June
    David Bowie - confirmed
    The Charlatans - confirmed
    The Libertines - confirmed
    Delays - confirmed
    Snow Patrol - confirmed
    Suzanne Vega - confirmed
    Alfie - confirmed

There's loads of bands I'd like to see there - Bowie, ESP, BSP, Delays, Charlatans, Super Furries, The Who.
    Think yourself lucky - I'm just down the road from Leeds so I was hoping for a good line-up this year, but its a bit crap this year so we're having to go to T.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the IoW festival chose really mean dates there! That is right in the midst of all my exams! I don't really like any of the bands playing anyway except for the Manics, so luckily I don't have any urge to go. Thank god! Need to get good A-level grades! No distractions please!

ReputationRep:
    Grr, its just sold out and a couple of my friends who wanted to go haven't got their tickets yet. Looks like there's only 2 of us going
    EDIT: *AND* after releasing the poster thingy with all the stages, Muse will be playing at the same time as David Bowie! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to T, cannae wait. Hope the weather isn't as bad as it was in 2001... *shudders at the memory*

ReputationRep:
    Goddammit, looked everywhere for tickets, can't find them anywhere. Pepper, do you know if they sell camping tickets on the gate like they do at Reading/Leeds? *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they do. It has sold out in record time this year.

ReputationRep:
    Arse. Oh well. You seen the tons of new bands who were added today? Line-up

Ben Kweller!

ReputationRep:
    SO STRESSED! I need to get 3 more tickets for it, and I've found somewhere thats got some, but I asked a mate to have a look in town to see if Virgin had any. So if they do and she gets them, I'd have too many. But if I leave it too long, then they might be sold! Grrr, I can't get in touch with her either, cos they went to the cinema. :mad:
    *counts to 10, and takes deep breaths*

ReputationRep:
    GODDAMMIT! Sold out completely. Basically, we've been **** on a bit by Virgin. A friend went into the Leeds branch on monday and asked if they had any left. Assistant says, "yeah, no problem, they're not even into the 'low stock' category yet" So she asks if we could come back later in the week when she's got her money sorted "Yeah, there'll be loads left".
    Guess what.
    None left.
    All the day tickets have sold out too, and on eBay they're going for £150+
    You don't realise how angry I am. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Aww - gutted for you

It never sells out this quickly, i'm sure... i guess with glastonbury tix and reading, leeds and V2004 being ****, this was the best lineup...

ReputationRep:
    For those of you going to T in the Park, I've twocked the stage times from another board (although they are from before Bowie cancelled, so will obviously change slightly)

ReputationRep:
    seriously you guys should see black eyed peas - i saw them at glasto and they were surprisingly good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    For those of you going to T in the Park, I've twocked the stage times from another board (although they are from before Bowie cancelled, so will obviously change slightly)
    are they properly accurate or just guesswork?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    are they properly accurate or just guesswork?
    They came from the official T in the Park forum. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be accurate, but don't rely on them. They seem pretty reasonable. I'm thinking that if somebody had guessed them, they wouldn't put Ash where they are.

ReputationRep:
    They came from the official T in the Park forum. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be accurate, but don't rely on them. They seem pretty reasonable. I'm thinking that if somebody had guessed them, they wouldn't put Ash where they are.
    excellent. well, have worked out roughly who i'm going to see and luckily there are few clashes! well, sunday will be pretty rushed but on the whole all the "important" bands i'll still manage!

ReputationRep:
    excellent. well, have worked out roughly who i'm going to see and luckily there are few clashes! well, sunday will be pretty rushed but on the whole all the "important" bands i'll still manage!
    Yeah, it's worked out ok for me, very few clashes aswell. Still not decided whether to risk getting crushed amongst the masses seeing Muse though - I might just go and see the Bees instead.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's worked out ok for me, very few clashes aswell. Still not decided whether to risk getting crushed amongst the masses seeing Muse though - I might just go and see the Bees instead.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: no way! muse > the bees x 10million

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: no way! muse > the bees x 10million
    Yeah, I'd absolutely love to see Muse in a tent, but can you imagine how many people will want to see Muse? :eek: It'll be seriously dangerous in there and I don't want to risk getting crushed.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.