Official Provisional Statement of Results...?

Watch
NeymarsHaircut
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
First of all, congratulations to everyone on their results, I hope you got what you wanted.

I received results good enough to get me into my chosen University, however they have neither confirmed nor denied my offer as they didn't receive one of my grades on the OCR exam board. I have phoned them up and they said to send them an Official Provisional Statement of Results.

Now, maybe I'm just being a bit stupid, but I'm just a bit curious what my 'Official Provisional Statement of Results' actually is. Is that simply a fancy name for the piece of paper I received today that i received my results on? I've just never heard it called that before.

Thank you all in advance for your help.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NeymarsHaircut)
First of all, congratulations to everyone on their results, I hope you got what you wanted.

I received results good enough to get me into my chosen University, however they have neither confirmed nor denied my offer as they didn't receive one of my grades on the OCR exam board. I have phoned them up and they said to send them an Official Provisional Statement of Results.

Now, maybe I'm just being a bit stupid, but I'm just a bit curious what my 'Official Provisional Statement of Results' actually is. Is that simply a fancy name for the piece of paper I received today that i received my results on? I've just never heard it called that before.

Thank you all in advance for your help.
Your OPSR is the document that you get with your results today (the one with your actual results on it), yep! They want you to send them that.
NeymarsHaircut
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Your OPSR is the document that you get with your results today (the one with your actual results on it), yep! They want you to send them that.
Thank you very much, I was just unsure! You calmed my mind a little bit! Do you think they'd accept pictures over an email?
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you very much, I was just unsure! You calmed my mind a little bit! Do you think they'd accept pictures over an email?
Ask them directly, they might not because a picture can be easily doctored! Some universities might, but mine certainly wouldn't have.
NeymarsHaircut
Rep:
?
Ask them directly, they might not because a picture can be easily doctored! Some universities might, but mine certainly wouldn't have.
Yeah, that's what I thought they might think! I'd like to hope they could trust me but I could see the wariness. In what other ways would it be professional to send the documents? I've already emailed them pictures, but just in case they don't take it!
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey similar query here. I've given them the relevant documentation however they said they are unable to accept what I've sent them. which was a transcript of my AS results in the subject that was missing. I sent them both the transcript and certificate.

My school didn't merge together my AS and A2 grade, so I'm trying to resolve it but I'm having no luck.

Dear Abdul,

Thanks for your e-mail to Cass Business School.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept the certificate you have provided.

We would need a final confirmed certificate before 31st August.

Kind regards
How would I go about resolving this issue as I won't be given my full A level certificate until November, whereas they're demanding it on the 31st. All kind of stressing me out, given I actually got the required grades :confused:
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, that's what I thought they might think! I'd like to hope they could trust me but I could see the wariness. In what other ways would it be professional to send the documents? I've already emailed them pictures, but just in case they don't take it!
Ask them what would be acceptable. Sending by post? Fax? In-person?

(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
Hey similar query here. I've given them the relevant documentation however they said they are unable to accept what I've sent them. which was a transcript of my AS results in the subject that was missing. I sent them both the transcript and certificate.

My school didn't merge together my AS and A2 grade, so I'm trying to resolve it but I'm having no luck.

How would I go about resolving this issue as I won't be given my full A level certificate until November, whereas they're demanding it on the 31st. All kind of stressing me out, given I actually got the required grades :confused:
Sorry, mate. Not much advice I can give here: it seems to me like there's a communication breakdown here. Explain to them that you've provided them with an OPSR, and official certificates don't tend to be given out until October (November in your case!), so it's impossible to meet their conditions. Ask them what documents would be acceptable in lieu.
NeymarsHaircut
Rep:
?
Ask them what would be acceptable. Sending by post? Fax? In-person?
I don't think I'll be able to do it in person and I'd like to get it resolved quickly, I guess I could probably scan it in and fax it to them though!

Thank you so much for your help.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

If you have any trouble then ask your school to confirm your grades to the university - I did this today for a lad who was mysteriously missing an OCR grade. I told him the school email to tell the uni to email to. The University emailed me, I replied confirming grade, they replied back saying thanks. All sorted by 11:45am
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (268)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (208)
43.7%

Watched Threads