The Student Room Group

Will kings consider me for pharmacy

Can anyone please let me know if i have a chance being accepted into your uni next year for pharmacy with grades BCC (AS Level), i spoke to my teachers and my predicted grades for A2 will be AAB-ABB. Also i have been working in a community pharmacy and a retake student. Do i have any chance?
You'll need to look at specific university entry requirements to check their attitude towards retakes. However, so long as you are predicted as you say, have a strong personal statement and a strong reference, you should be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
You'll need to look at specific university entry requirements to check their attitude towards retakes. However, so long as you are predicted as you say, have a strong personal statement and a strong reference, you should be fine :smile:

Thanks will it lower my chances if i am a retake student
Original post by OVOXO96
Thanks will it lower my chances if i am a retake student

Again, it'll depend on the university :smile: . If you have an idea of where you want to go already, have a look at their entry requirements page for more information :smile:
Reply 4
Again, it'll depend on the university :smile: . If you have an idea of where you want to go already, have a look at their entry requirements page for more information :smile:

I have checked and they will take retake students however they may want higher grades. say if exceed my grades but they have rejected me, what will happen?
Original post by OVOXO96
I have checked and they will take retake students however they may want higher grades. say if exceed my grades but they have rejected me, what will happen?

They will only reject you with good reason, so if you are predicted in that region, they won't reject you :smile:
Reply 6
They will only reject you with good reason, so if you are predicted in that region, they won't reject you :smile:

Thanks, kind of relieved after hearing that
Hi, i spent a third year retaking a few A level exams and i applied to Kings for pharmacy. They asked for AAB and now im off to Kings in September! :biggrin: So you definitely have a chance! Go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by tsultana1
Hi, i spent a third year retaking a few A level exams and i applied to Kings for pharmacy. They asked for AAB and now im off to Kings in September! :biggrin: So you definitely have a chance! Go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? you were a resit student and they offered you aab? what alevels did you do I thought for resits they ask for aaa
Original post by and234
really? you were a resit student and they offered you aab? what alevels did you do I thought for resits they ask for aaa

Yeah i thought they would ask for AAA too but they didnt. UCL on the other hand did. I did maths, chemistry and biology.
I got A in both maths and chemistry and got a B in biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yeah i thought they would ask for AAA too but they didnt. UCL on the other hand did. I did maths, chemistry and biology.

Hey tsultana i got in to kings aswell with AAA am resit student bio chem and psychology, I had the same offer from UCL , but for some reason i firmed kings. really confused now am not sure i made the right descision, is UCL better than kings for pharmacy?if anyone else knows which uni is better please reply feeling very confused
Reply 11
[QUOTE="and234;49660185"]

Hey tsultana i got in to kings aswell with AAA am resit student bio chem and psychology, I had the same offer from UCL , but for some reason i firmed kings. really confused now am not sure i made the right descision, is UCL better than kings for pharmacy?if anyone else knows which uni is better please reply feeling very confused

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for AS and what were your predicted grades for A2?
Reply 12
[QUOTE="OVOXO96;49815961"]
Original post by and234

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for AS and what were your predicted grades for A2?

I got aaab at AS predicted grades were aaa
Reply 13
Original post by OVOXO96
Can anyone please let me know if i have a chance being accepted into your uni next year for pharmacy with grades BCC (AS Level), i spoke to my teachers and my predicted grades for A2 will be AAB-ABB. Also i have been working in a community pharmacy and a retake student. Do i have any chance?

tbh if you are a retake student kings will most likely offer you aaa or at the lowest aab. Unless there were very good reasons why you didnt get a's at AS and you have exceptional ability and those grades in noway reflect your true ability then i would i say there is hope... otherwise dont delude yourself, go for a university where the grade requirements are lower.
A2's are waaaay harder than AS ESPECIALLY chemistry A2 and biology A2 isnt that much more difficult but the amount of info you need to learn doubles.to get A overall you need solid base at AS , otherwise you need to resit modules ,and if you are resitting that means it will take time out of your A2 units, with january exams scrapped thats no easy task. sorry to sound harsh but ive seen so many people with bcc at AS apply to unis with AAA or aab and they dont get in.
best advice is to pick unis outside london who might offer abb
Reply 14
Original post by and234
tbh if you are a retake student kings will most likely offer you aaa or at the lowest aab. Unless there were very good reasons why you didnt get a's at AS and you have exceptional ability and those grades in noway reflect your true ability then i would i say there is hope... otherwise dont delude yourself, go for a university where the grade requirements are lower.
A2's are waaaay harder than AS ESPECIALLY chemistry A2 and biology A2 isnt that much more difficult but the amount of info you need to learn doubles.to get A overall you need solid base at AS , otherwise you need to resit modules ,and if you are resitting that means it will take time out of your A2 units, with january exams scrapped thats no easy task. sorry to sound harsh but ive seen so many people with bcc at AS apply to unis with AAA or aab and they dont get in.
best advice is to pick unis outside london who might offer abb

I was thinking the same thing, most likely i will apply to unis outside london, but i wanted to know if it is worth applying to kings
Reply 15
Original post by OVOXO96
I was thinking the same thing, most likely i will apply to unis outside london, but i wanted to know if it is worth applying to kings

hey didnt want to de motivate or anything if kings is really where you wana go work hard for it, working hard means just really focusing on your studies for the 9 months,get really high marks in the december mocks,sacrifice your social life and attend all classes , just work really hard and you can do it if your determined
[QUOTE="OVOXO96;49815961"]
Original post by and234

I got CCDD for AS (i didn't really take the year seriously which I obviously regret) and was predicted ABB for A2
But at the time I applied for a different course. I then changed my mind to pharmacy and took an extra year to retake a few exams and got the required grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest