LMCampbell
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I have a verbal offer which has been accepted. But I'm waiting for them to accept the University to accept my application on UCAS.
Anyone still waiting like me? It's been over two hours since I put it on. Worry is taking over though I don't feel I need too.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Relax Unis never renege on offers like that. Congrats on getting a place.
Potally_Tissed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's 7.10pm so entirely possible that the relevant people have gone home :sadnod: It ought to be sorted tomorrow.
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LMCampbell)
So I have a verbal offer which has been accepted. But I'm waiting for them to accept the University to accept my application on UCAS.
Anyone still waiting like me? It's been over two hours since I put it on. Worry is taking over though I don't feel I need too.
It's quite late on in the day now and you may have to wait until tomorrow. Staff may be busy with other things or may have gone home.
TheGameOfScience
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rockrunride)
Relax Unis never renege on offers like that. Congrats on getting a place.
i just received a clearing email offer from roehampton after calling them, but on the email they got my date of birth wrong by one month, will this affect my offer? i am really worried and panicking!! i also tried looking at other universities that are closer since i live in london and roehampton is quite far and will be quite expensive and very long to travel to but the other universities i have called only offer me foundation degrees. should i do a foundation degree at a uni that is closer or a full on degree at a uni that is further away? should i apply for a different course entirely argh i am so confused
LMCampbell
Rep:
?
Right, thanks all, I guess I just needed some reassurance
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheGameOfScience)
i just received a clearing email offer from roehampton after calling them, but on the email they got my date of birth wrong by one month, will this affect my offer? i am really worried and panicking!! i also tried looking at other universities that are closer since i live in london and roehampton is quite far and will be quite expensive and very long to travel to but the other universities i have called only offer me foundation degrees. should i do a foundation degree at a uni that is closer or a full on degree at a uni that is further away? should i apply for a different course entirely argh i am so confused
Don't worry. I don't know the ins and outs of the potential impact of a commute on your uni experience, so you'll have to weigh up on whether the commute will be worth it for a full degree. If cost is the main issue, remember that a foundation year will pile it on more than a commute will. Roehampton typoing your DOB shouldn't be a problem at all. Just add them on UCAS if you haven't already and await their response, if you want to, of course.

Best of luck.
TheGameOfScience
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry. I don't know the ins and outs of the potential impact of a commute on your uni experience, so you'll have to weigh up on whether the commute will be worth it for a full degree. If cost is the main issue, remember that a foundation year will pile it on more than a commute will. Roehampton typoing your DOB shouldn't be a problem at all. Just add them on UCAS if you haven't already and await their response, if you want to, of course.

Best of luck.
Thank you for replying! i hope its not a problem, they got my personal id right! the date of birth out by just a month, i havent accpted it yet because i am looking to see other options as well, i have until 2morro at 6pm to accept, if i wait till 2 morro at 10 am or 3 pm is there a chance that they could reject me, also i dont understand why uni's lower than roehampton doesnt offer me, yet roehampton just offers me, is that a bad sign?
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you for replying! i hope its not a problem, they got my personal id right! the date of birth out by just a month, i havent accpted it yet because i am looking to see other options as well, i have until 2morro at 6pm to accept, if i wait till 2 morro at 10 am or 3 pm is there a chance that they could reject me, also i dont understand why uni's lower than roehampton doesnt offer me, yet roehampton just offers me, is that a bad sign?
Reply to the offer before the deadline, but keep researching options. You may find something you like a lot more.
Dijonnay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in the same boat right now. Saw on another thread that UCAS is having some technical difficulties so that could be it.
TheGameOfScience
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Reply to the offer before the deadline, but keep researching options. You may find something you like a lot more.
could i still do that! i thought that once you accept it you have to go there? oh since they offered me do i have to go on track and type the course details myself or will their offer be visible to me on tack?
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
could i still do that! i thought that once you accept it you have to go there? oh since they offered me do i have to go on track and type the course details myself or will their offer be visible to me on tack?
You have to select the course on Track and they'll accept it if they've made a verbal offer
LMCampbell
Rep:
?
Yeah I just noticed this now: http://www.ucas.com/clearing-choices
TheGameOfScience
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You have to select the course on Track and they'll accept it if they've made a verbal offer
ohhh so i have to actually press add clearing choice and type the uni number and they will accept me due to the offer email they sent?
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ohhh so i have to actually press add clearing choice and type the uni number and they will accept me due to the offer email they sent?
Spot on.
TheGameOfScience
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spot on.
ohhhhhhhhh thank you for telling and clarifying that!! i thought that they had to send you an offer on track or something then you accept it lol
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ohhhhhhhhh thank you for telling and clarifying that!! i thought that they had to send you an offer on track or something then you accept it lol
No worries. Enjoy it.
TheGameOfScience
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No worries. Enjoy it.
haha i'll try to thank you, oh btw one more question sorry aha, how much does a foundation degree cost? and is it worth it? especially at UEL?
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
haha i'll try to thank you, oh btw one more question sorry aha, how much does a foundation degree cost? and is it worth it? especially at UEL?
Which course? The info should be fairly clear on the UEL website

No worries, it's what we're here for.
TheGameOfScience
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Which course? The info should be fairly clear on the UEL website

No worries, it's what we're here for.
science foundation, i find it hard to find it lol :facepalm: arghh my minds all over the place atm but i would consider that one of my choices lol. thanks glad your here for us
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (219)
43.71%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.16%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.98%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed