Ashc014
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anyone in this position or have been down this road before?
Fortauna
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it's EVERY exam you must resit, it's going to be very difficult to do them in June alongside your A2s
Audiology-Med
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Retake year 12, i did most of my retakes for AS with my A2 exams, and now regret it as i spent less time on my A2's so even thought i improved my AS grades , my A2 grades went so bad because i had so many things to learn in a short period of time. I'm going have to do a third year now anyways.
Ashc014
Rep:
?
(Original post by Comeback)
I didn't retake the year but resat every AS exam alongside A2's.

CDD => ABB

There is hope (I know ABB isn't amazing but I'm happy).
Those are good grades, was it hard thought to manage them all at once with a2 exams?

And thanks for the answers guys,resitting the year seems like the logical option, but being a year behind my friends etc it's appealing, although i need to do what's best for me
Comeback
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ashc014)
Those are good grades, was it hard thought to manage them all at once with a2 exams?

And thanks for the answers guys,resitting the year seems like the logical option, but being a year behind my friends etc it's appealing, although i need to do what's best for me
It was very hard to manage them all at once. I'd only recommend if you are determined to succeed. I felt more sick and demotivated in the last week of my A2 exams than I've ever felt before in my entire life. I was fed up with revising and almost gave up entirely.

I'd never tried to study that much in such a short period ever before, but looking at my results now I'm so happy I gave it my all.

Do what's best for you though, retaking the year may get you to AAA+ by the end.
Ashc014
Rep:
?
(Original post by Comeback)
It was very hard to manage them all at once. I'd only recommend if you are determined to succeed. I felt more sick and demotivated in the last week of my A2 exams than I've ever felt before in my entire life. I was fed up with revising and almost gave up entirely.

I'd never tried to study that much in such a short period ever before, but looking at my results now I'm so happy I gave it my all.

Do what's best for you though, retaking the year may get you to AAA+ by the end.
Did you lose any friends? And you seem focused on what you want, unfortunately i don't think that i'll be able to replicate your achievement
Optimum_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I ended up with a C in Business and an E in Maths (AS).
For Business; Buss 1 = B, Buss 2 = C
Maths; C1 = E, C2 = U, Mechanics = D

Now I have a B in Business and a C in Maths, however I believe a mistake has been made with my Decision module.
For Business; Buss 3 = B, Buss 4 = A (98/100 UMS, I honestly thought I screwed this one up as I ran out of time).
Maths; I resat C1 = B and C2 = A, C3 = A, C4 = C (Ran out of time unfortunately), Mechanics = D (didn't bother to resit, too many exams).

Maths department allowed me to carry on A2 as long as I resat my AS, this is because they knew I could do much better. I'm sure they've made a mistake with D1 (a U apparently, easiest exam as well), and I'm hoping to get overall B in Maths (just need a C in that Decision). However I have been accepted to my firm Uni choice so I'm very pleased.

That's my story. Work hard, do past papers of the subjects you will be retaking right now. I did so many past papers I got sick of them, then I did some more and more and more. You'll get to a point where you are repeating, but just keep doing them.
Ashc014
Rep:
?
Anyone else? Seems like it's possible to come out with good grades while retaking exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads