The Student Room Group

Wrong gcse grade on ucas

got my result yesterday and I got accepted into Salford and this has become unconditonal as they have accepted me to study there. I realised for GCSE Drama, i accidentally put A* instead of A. I called Ucas on the results helpline and the man said not to worry to just call this number tomorrow when lines open and that they will just change it. I asked if they will withdraw\take my accepence away at the uni, and he no, it should be alright, as long as i can prove it was honest mistake (which i can with the gcse certificate with the correct grade). So i will call them tomorrow... so will they change it on the system, or will i have to call salford and tell them myself which will lead to my offer/acceptence being withdrawn/taken away or will they just say okay and change it?

I had a panick attack when i realised... please help me.
Reply 1
Original post by hollywood1
got my result yesterday and I got accepted into Salford and this has become unconditonal as they have accepted me to study there. I realised for GCSE Drama, i accidentally put A* instead of A. I called Ucas on the results helpline and the man said not to worry to just call this number tomorrow when lines open and that they will just change it. I asked if they will withdraw\take my accepence away at the uni, and he no, it should be alright, as long as i can prove it was honest mistake (which i can with the gcse certificate with the correct grade). So i will call them tomorrow... so will they change it on the system, or will i have to call salford and tell them myself which will lead to my offer/acceptence being withdrawn/taken away or will they just say okay and change it?

I had a panick attack when i realised... please help me.

Seriously, there is nothing you can do at the moment, you just have to think about wording the phone call tomorrow.

Don't worry, he told you what to do. Just do it!
Reply 2
I don't think they'll mind, you got it wrong by one grade and it's very easy to click A* instead of A.
They may have a problem if it was your A Level or English/Maths GCSE, but I doubt they'll reconsider their offer based on Drama GCSE :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TNA123
I don't think they'll mind, you got it wrong by one grade and it's very easy to click A* instead of A.
They may have a problem if it was your A Level or English/Maths GCSE, but I doubt they'll reconsider their offer based on Drama GCSE :smile:

OMG you are so right! It's just a GCSE grade, nothing to get in a twist over, and plus in the ucas letter on track it doesn't mention GCSE's in the offer letter. And I'm going to tell them instead of leaving it till enrolment, so they know it was an honest mistake. THANKYOU!!
Original post by hollywood1
OMG you are so right! It's just a GCSE grade, nothing to get in a twist over, and plus in the ucas letter on track it doesn't mention GCSE's in the offer letter. And I'm going to tell them instead of leaving it till enrolment, so they know it was an honest mistake. THANKYOU!!

Hi there, just checking: has it been sorted?
Reply 5
Hi, yep, I called and they said not to worry, as king as I have the gcse grades of English maths and science x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending