The Student Room Group

Apply next year?

Hi all,
After receiving my A level results and gaining 4A*s in Maths, FM, physics and chemistry along with an A in AS biology and 6A*, 4A at GCSE I now wonder whether a post qual application to Cambridge is a good idea.
I currently hold a place at bham university starting in September 2014 for theoretical physics and although Bham is great, Cambridge's physical NatSci is in a different league in terms of employability and flexibility.
Last year I applied for physics at Oxford and was unsuccessful post interview but I regretted choosing Oxford over Cambridge when I stayed there over the interview period and ever since have been hoping for the great A levels to give Cambridge a go.
If anyone has knowledge of how cambridge treat post A level applicants compared to pre-quals I would love to know whether I stand a good chance, my ums are all mid to high 90s, but I just wonder what they would like me to do in the year out.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by sorax123
Hi all,
After receiving my A level results and gaining 4A*s in Maths, FM, physics and chemistry along with an A in AS biology and 6A*, 4A at GCSE I now wonder whether a post qual application to Cambridge is a good idea.
I currently hold a place at bham university starting in September 2014 for theoretical physics and although Bham is great, Cambridge's physical NatSci is in a different league in terms of employability and flexibility.
Last year I applied for physics at Oxford and was unsuccessful post interview but I regretted choosing Oxford over Cambridge when I stayed there over the interview period and ever since have been hoping for the great A levels to give Cambridge a go.
If anyone has knowledge of how cambridge treat post A level applicants compared to pre-quals I would love to know whether I stand a good chance, my ums are all mid to high 90s, but I just wonder what they would like me to do in the year out.
Thanks

I missed my offer last year and reapplied, retaking one chemistry module - applying after A levels is fine and having four A*s means you have a really good chance so I'd encourage you to apply. There's better advice on this thread though http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2791849

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending