basit282828
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi
I'm doing my gcse's now and i want to get into medicine in the future, and i just wanted to know how to revise, i mean what do yoi do while revising. I've looked at revision techniques online but they never seem to help, so i just wanted to know how to revise. I have revsion guides and everything, and i just eanted to know what do u do when you start revising, i cant just read my revision guide and get it over with. Thanks, you help can really make a difference in my life and it will be a significant difference.
P.s. if you have a pic of your revision notes that might help me with how to make proper notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
georgiacarly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

Personally, my favourite thing to make is revision cards. You can buy card ones from shops like WH Smith, and then fill them with all the information you need to know, whilst using colour and making them look nice, and then what I did is, if I was going out anywhere I would stick them in my bag so if I had a second I could flick through them. Eventually, I had them memorised so much I got sick of looking at the cards but it definitely works best for me! Worked for GCSE's and A Levels.

Also, I used to make question sheets/cards with answers on the back, and sit there and quiz myself, that's an amazing way of learning too.

Revision can be boring but you can make it better, get friends involved, revise together and quiz each other. What I find helps is teaching others, so if there's topics a friend is struggling on, help them out, it could help you too!
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
pastpaperspastpaperspastpapers
basit282828
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by georgiacarly)
Hi,

Personally, my favourite thing to make is revision cards. You can buy card ones from shops like WH Smith, and then fill them with all the information you need to know, whilst using colour and making them look nice, and then what I did is, if I was going out anywhere I would stick them in my bag so if I had a second I could flick through them. Eventually, I had them memorised so much I got sick of looking at the cards but it definitely works best for me! Worked for GCSE's and A Levels.

Also, I used to make question sheets/cards with answers on the back, and sit there and quiz myself, that's an amazing way of learning too.

Revision can be boring but you can make it better, get friends involved, revise together and quiz each other. What I find helps is teaching others, so if there's topics a friend is struggling on, help them out, it could help you too!
Tnx for your reply, i agreee cue cards are amazing, but what i want to know is what you do in revision, e.g your learning about the nervous system and in your revision guide there are 3 secions on 1 page to do with the nervous system, what would you do first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
georgiacarly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by basit282828)
Tnx for your reply, i agreee cue cards are amazing, but what i want to know is what you do in revision, e.g your learning about the nervous system and in your revision guide there are 3 secions on 1 page to do with the nervous system, what would you do first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would read it a few times to get it into my head, and then summarise the most important parts onto revision cards so like "The nervous system is made up of....." "The nervous system is important because..." (can you tell I don't do science?)

Write it in a way you understand, don't just copy it! Once you have the main facts from the 3 sections down (you could head each revision card as a different section to make it easier?) Write important words in different colours to make them stand out, and draw little diagrams if that helps? That's what I'd do

Then read them over and over, then I would make questions on them and quiz myself!

Hope this helps?
doodle97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
when revising, I used a4 file paper to do my long notes in a folder on everything :') because it wasn't in a book i could add notes and come back to sections i didn't understand at first. I did these over about the last 6 months of year 11 and it took ages, but definitely helped because i re wrote everything in my own words rather than just copying text books.

when revising in the last couple of months before exams, i used revision cards with condensed information on them. just key facts and try to stay away from writing out loads and loads twice over :') the revision cards where the best thing for me i think :') I got little mini ring binder folders to keep them in and then i had one for each set of subjects :3

Hope this helps!
Dabossi89
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
mygcse science
C0balt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1. Pay attention in class
2. Do every homework
3. Ask questions to the teacher if you're unsure about anything
4. ???
5. PROFIT
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (41)
22.28%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (91)
49.46%
I'm unsure (52)
28.26%

Watched Threads