Chloepixie96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I'm 18 and I'm going out this weekend for one of my bestfriends 18th birthday and the only ID I have is the CitizenCard and college student ID.
I ordered my provisional licence on Monday so it won't arrive on time obviously and when it arrives I will use that as ID but for now all I have is this, we live in this little town called Rugby and it's got 2 major clubs, boutique and the beach and lloyds, there's like 8 of us going (4 girls 4 boys) and I'm just scared I'll ruin everyone's night if I don't get in, i'll try and make myself look older but do you think my ID will work!!?! IM SO STRESSES OUT!!!! Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surrey Bubble15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chloepixie96)
Hi I'm 18 and I'm going out this weekend for one of my bestfriends 18th birthday and the only ID I have is the CitizenCard and college student ID.
I ordered my provisional licence on Monday so it won't arrive on time obviously and when it arrives I will use that as ID but for now all I have is this, we live in this little town called Rugby and it's got 2 major clubs, boutique and the beach and lloyds, there's like 8 of us going (4 girls 4 boys) and I'm just scared I'll ruin everyone's night if I don't get in, i'll try and make myself look older but do you think my ID will work!!?! IM SO STRESSES OUT!!!! Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Calm the **** down, citizencard is valid
SummerAnthems
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
x
(Original post by Surrey Bubble15)
Calm the **** down, citizencard is valid
While Citizen Card is technically valid ID, not many places will recognise it. (In my experience anyway) You can moan all you want that its got a pass hologram and that its designed for young people to get into bars etc but most places will only accept driving license or passport.

So, have you got a passport? If so use that, or keep it in the bottom of your bag if you CC doesn't work.
Chloepixie96
Rep:
?
(Original post by SummerAnthems)
While Citizen Card is technically valid ID, not many places will recognise it. (In my experience anyway) You can moan all you want that its got a pass hologram and that its designed for young people to get into bars etc but most places will only accept driving license or passport.

So, have you got a passport? If so use that, or keep it in the bottom of your bag if you CC doesn't work.
I haven't got a passport never been abroad and I've ordered my provisional licence. I have college ID with my date of birth and picture on
So all that's all I've for student ID and citizencard
SummerAnthems
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't got a passport never been abroad and I've ordered my provisional licence. I have college ID with my date of birth and picture on
So all that's all I've for student ID and citizencard
Well no sense worrying then, there's not much you can do about it. Citizencard might work better now than when I was 18. and even if you don't get into a place, its not the end of the world. Any of your mates in the same boat?
Chloepixie96
Rep:
?
(Original post by SummerAnthems)
Well no sense worrying then, there's not much you can do about it. Citizencard might work better now than when I was 18. and even if you don't get into a place, its not the end of the world. Any of your mates in the same boat?
No they all have drivers licence/passport, so I don't want to make a fool/embarrass myself infront of loads of people, I'm so scared they won't let me in I tweeted them asking if they do accept it they said yes but on facebook they said they only accept passports/drivers licences! So I don't know what to believe, I will use my provisional when I start going out but just this once i hope they let me in! I have birth certificate, student ID, CitizenCard and bank card!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (69)
32.7%
No I don't (100)
47.39%
I work during the holidays (42)
19.91%

Watched Threads