The Student Room Group

AS Level Questions (September 2015)

I wanted people's opinions on notes. How you did them? How often? For each chapter? Did you just use the ones in you wrote in class or rewrite them at home? etc

Can I also ask by roughly what time did you finish EACH your units for Maths ( C1, C2, S1), Further Maths (FP1, M1, D1) and Physics (Unit 1, Unit 2)?

e.g C1 completed by December

Also is it necessary to make notes for Maths and Further Maths?
Well for me, notes are just one question done with far too much detail and a few comments by the side of what to do. From there I just answer questions over and over again until I can get them right 99% of the time (Maths). Physics I did the same but also jotted down pieces of crucial information and read the text book a couple of times.

I can't remember what times we finished units, but if you have 5-6 hours a week for maths and physics, and 3-4 hours a week for further maths the course will be finished with plenty of time for revision/past papers.

Notes totally depend on the individual and how well you can absorb information in lesson.
Reply 2
Original post by zetamcfc
Well for me, notes are just one question done with far too much detail and a few comments by the side of what to do. From there I just answer questions over and over again until I can get them right 99% of the time (Maths). Physics I did the same but also jotted down pieces of crucial information and read the text book a couple of times.

I can't remember what times we finished units, but if you have 5-6 hours a week for maths and physics, and 3-4 hours a week for further maths the course will be finished with plenty of time for revision/past papers.

Notes totally depend on the individual and how well you can absorb information in lesson.

Did you get many handouts for Maths and Further Maths?
Reply 3
For maths and FM I didn't really make notes - I just used class notes but I made sure I did the exercise in the book

Make sure by around mid march you can do PPs and get the grade you want in 4/6 modules

For physics I used my class notes to make concise notes at home at the end of every few chapter

Once again make sure by around mid march you can ace a unit 1 exam
Original post by oneabdi
Did you get many handouts for Maths and Further Maths?

No, we just do one question all together then do questions and compare methods/answers (Further Maths). In normal maths we get quite a lot of handouts to make sure we know what the course content is and how to answer questions.

Quick Reply

Latest