Drop chemistry or Redo whole AS year??

Watch
laurenkl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got a disappointing BBCD at AS with the D in chemistry. But I'd like to do medicine.
I know that I did badly because I didn't revise, but I can get As and now that I've had this wakeup call I think I have the motivation to work as hard as possible.

I'm know I can easily pull the Bs up to As and probably even the C, but-
the C is in French and I was initially planning on dropping it because I need bio and chem for medicine at A level, but now I'm not sure what to do. It looks like my options are:

1. Drop chemistry (but resit to get a B) then hopefully do medicine at a uni where I can do it with just biology, or do my second choice of international relations.
2. Resit whole year, get better in chem so i can drop french as planned and hopefully do medicine at a uni where they don't mind resits.
3. Try to continue all 4 to keep my options open and see what happens? worst case- no medicine due to lower grades. best case- get admitted with maybe B in chem instead of A.

Any advice on what seems the best idea, what unis accept people with no chem at A2, what unis accept resits etc would be greatly appreciated!
Kill3er
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This probably isn't much help, but i definitely would NOT drop Chemistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (47)
24.35%
Less motivated (146)
75.65%

Watched Threads