The Student Room Group

Uni and Ucas question

Hello, this may be a very dumb question.. but here goes.
i finished college last year and decided Uni wasn't for me. I did make a Ucas account but i never actually paid for an application, never had a reference or wrote a personal statement. To be honest i actually forget the account (college) email address.

I was just wondering whether it's too late to go to Uni this September? i understand that clearance is going on but without a Ucas i would have no way of applying. Could i just simply create a Ucas now and try my luck? i'm sure the Ucas application deadline is gone.

I was going to ring up a few Uni's and Ucas to see but i thought i might as well create a thread first to see if it's viable.
Reply 1
Talk about last minute decisions...big decisions at that. Good luck. I have no clue :ahee:
Reply 2
Original post by Keoje
Talk about last minute decisions...big decisions at that. Good luck. I have no clue :ahee:

Haha i'm just seeing if it's possible, if not than fair enough.
It's not too late but you better get moving. I've known quite a few people make last minute UCAS applications for clearing and they managed to get places for the upcoming year. You'll need to discuss on the phone to uni admissions if you find a course that you'd like to study, regarding personal statements and stuff. Sometimes you don't need to go through UCAS at all, some uni's have special forms for admissions (you'll have to check). Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
You've got tomorrow to start doing this. Go for it and hurry ! Worth applying even if you're still not sure
Reply 5
What should be my first steps? should i first try and create a UCAS or should i ring up a few Uni's and explain my situation and see if theres some way around this.
Reply 6
Hi! i think you can just set up a UCAS account then ring up uni's and go through clearing that way! York St John have clearing places left! if you need a hand setting up UCAS or want advice etc just give them a call now... 01904876980 :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by beckyhau
Hi! i think you can just set up a UCAS account then ring up uni's and go through clearing that way! York St John have clearing places left! if you need a hand setting up UCAS or want advice etc just give them a call now... 01904876980 :smile:

Hey thanks, i have just set up an account but i still have to fill in my personal statment, refernces and the payment section. I' may just call uni up and tell them if theres any way around it or if they can help me with it all.
Reply 8
Original post by JC1595
Hey thanks, i have just set up an account but i still have to fill in my personal statment, refernces and the payment section. I' may just call uni up and tell them if theres any way around it or if they can help me with it all.

yeah it'll ask you to fill it in, but i don't think you need to! Just ring up uni and ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending