The Student Room Group

Help!My further math result is pending.

My exam board is edexcel and I took 6 modules together in 2014 May/June. Each midule's score is available but the total resut is 0/600 and is classified as Q. Who can tell me what happened? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which modules did you take?
Reply 2
Original post by Pectorac
Which modules did you take?

M2.M3 S2 Fp1-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Allen Cheng
M2.M3 S2 Fp1-3

Posted from TSR Mobile

and you've taken S1 and M1 in standard maths A-level?
Reply 4
and you've taken S1 and M1 in standard maths A-level?

Yes I have gotten a math certificate which include s1 m1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I have gotten a math certificate which include s1 m1

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have a further maths grade because your units are the wrong way around. You need to have another AS unit in further maths, as you have too many A2 modules in it. You need to call the exam board to get M1 swapped into further maths and S2 taken out of further maths and put into standard maths. Then you'll get a proper grade out of 600.
Reply 6
You don't have a further maths grade because your units are the wrong way around. You need to have another AS unit in further maths, as you have too many A2 modules in it. You need to call the exam board to get M1 swapped into further maths and S2 taken out of further maths and put into standard maths. Then you'll get a proper grade out of 600.

But my M1 is used in the certificate I last time...And I do not which modules belong to A2... I learn it by myself .So lack of information T T

Posted from TSR Mobile
But my M1 is used in the certificate I last time...And I do not which modules belong to A2... I learn it by myself .So lack of information T T

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam board will reprint the certificate for you and give you new ones. All you need to ask for is to have M1 and S2 swapped around, that's it.
Reply 8
Your exams officer entered your exams incorrectly. You need at least 1 AS applied module for FM to get a grade in it. As said above, have the exam board swap M1 with S2.
Reply 9
Original post by Exon
Your exams officer entered your exams incorrectly. You need at least 1 AS applied module for FM to get a grade in it. As said above, have the exam board swap M1 with S2.

Thank you very much. I will told her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
The exam board will reprint the certificate for you and give you new ones. All you need to ask for is to have M1 and S2 swapped around, that's it.

thank you very much I will contact my exam officer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Exon

Can I swap S1 and s2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Can I swap S1 and s2?

I don't know. Sorry.

You can definitely swap M1 with S2 though, provided you have S1 in normal maths (which you said you did)
Can I swap S1 and s2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you need to have S1 in one qualification to use S2 with it. You can't have M1 and S2 in standard maths together. It has to be S1 and S2 in standard maths for you to get both A-levels. If you asked to swap S1 and S2 you wouldn't have any maths A-levels at all, as you need standard maths to certify for further maths and your standard maths would become invalid because of the combination, thus making your further maths invalid too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
No, you need to have S1 in one qualification to use S2 with it. You can't have M1 and S2 in standard maths together. It has to be S1 and S2 in standard maths for you to get both A-levels. If you asked to swap S1 and S2 you wouldn't have any maths A-levels at all, as you need standard maths to certify for further maths and your standard maths would become invalid because of the combination, thus making your further maths invalid too.

Thanks I see,my school's exam officer never mention this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest