Priyanka345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Yesterday I got my AS results and well they were horrible;
maths- e (c1&c2-U s1-D the board was edexcel)
biology-e (section 1- u , section 2-d the board was edexcel)
history- b ( unit 1- D unit 2-c) the board was aqa
English literature- b (both sections- high b's) board was OCR
( I will be retaking all the exams I failed in)
I am finding it so hard in deciding whether to drop maths or biology. In AS biology I was capable in memorising all the content but I found the exam technique hard so I did badly in the exams, and in maths I found that if a section clicked in my head I could do all questions for that section but well a lot of the sections did not and that brought my grade down a lot. Now I'm not sure if I should drop maths or biology because I find both hard and but both equally interesting. In terms of it helping me in the future I want to do a English lit. Degree and then a law conversion. Would anyone say that maths is easier than biology in a2 or not?
[email protected]
Badges: 9
Report 5 years ago
I would say Maths got a bit harder for a2 but not a lot harder than AS
Minify
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looking at that it looks like science and maths isn't your thing because you did a lot better in History and English. Therefore my advice is drop both and pick up something else in the humanities because that seems to be your strength.
z4chary_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Priyanka345)
I am finding it so hard in deciding whether to drop maths or biology. In AS biology I was capable in memorising all the content but I found the exam technique hard so I did badly in the exams, and in maths I found that if a section clicked in my head I could do all questions for that section but well a lot of the sections did not and that brought my grade down a lot. Now I'm not sure if I should drop maths or biology because I find both hard and but both equally interesting. In terms of it helping me in the future I want to do a English lit. Degree and then a law conversion. Would anyone say that maths is easier than biology in a2 or not?
Jesus, drop both and study another humanity as they seem to be where your strengths lie. E really is hard to improve on and you shouldn't do anything you're going to struggle with in the long term.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Priyanka345)
Maths never gets easier. I would drop both and go for another humanities subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads