The Student Room Group

Script copies and remarks

I just got my AS level results, which were ABBB and a B in A Level French. In maths however I was 3 UMS off an A, which I need as a prediction next year, so I was thinking of getting it remarked, but I'm not sure. Also, would it be a good idea to get copies of the papers before looking at remarks, but this has to be done by the 22nd of August, and I am away from the 16th.

I was also close on the other two (chemistry and physics), and I was considering getting those scripts back too - although I am pretty sure I will retake the first physics paper, as that was what brought my grade down (OCR B, for anyone that also did that).

So, my question is, do you think it would be a good idea to get the scripts back before considering a remark, and if so how many? All advice appreciated. :smile:
Teachers are usually happy enough to predict one grade above what you achieved at AS-level. Therefore, you should be predicted As in the subjects you require :smile: . The thing about remarks is that they can go down as well as up. Therefore, you need to be pretty sure that you felt as though you could do better. It's a risk, is it worth it? :tongue:
Reply 2
That's why I was thinking of getting the scripts back - I got As in all my mocks, so I thought it was a little odd. It just costs money, so I wasn't sure how much it would be worth getting back. Thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Sunsteps
That's why I was thinking of getting the scripts back - I got As in all my mocks, so I thought it was a little odd. It just costs money, so I wasn't sure how much it would be worth getting back. Thanks :smile:

If you can afford it I would- it basically takes the gamble element away from remarking, although I'd say it would be unlikely to change for maths/science subjects, compared to french, for example :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest