Clallen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently at 6th form and just received my as level results. I got a C in business, a C in English and a D in history. In September my plan was to leave and join college to do the btec level 3 health and social care course.

I now can't make up my mind to stay at 6th form, which I don't really enjoy, or join college. However my worry is the university's will not accept the btec health and social care course like they would a-levels.

Can anyone advice me please???
sophieleannexo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clallen)
I am currently at 6th form and just received my as level results. I got a C in business, a C in English and a D in history. In September my plan was to leave and join college to do the btec level 3 health and social care course.

I now can't make up my mind to stay at 6th form, which I don't really enjoy, or join college. However my worry is the university's will not accept the btec health and social care course like they would a-levels.

Can anyone advice me please???
What course do you want to at university? I did a BTEC and I've gotten in to do Social Work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clallen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by sophieleannexo)
What course do you want to at university? I did a BTEC and I've gotten in to do Social Work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want it do social work! How many ucas point is the course worth? And did you get turned away from any university's because you didn't have a-levels? X
sophieleannexo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clallen)
I want it do social work! How many ucas point is the course worth? And did you get turned away from any university's because you didn't have a-levels? X
The course is equivalent to 3 A Levels. Not sure how many UCAS points sorry! Think it may be around the 420 mark. And I did have my A Levels but they didn't help me with any aspect of Social Work. I did all English A Levels. So I went to do the BTEC. It is a really good way of gaining knowledge of the profession etc. I learnt a lot more from that than in my A Levels. I mentioned that I'd done my A Levels but preferred the BTEC. They can't turn you away because you've done a BTEC, it is discrimination if they do. As long as you can say what the BTEC has taught you then you'll be fine!

If you have any more questions feel free to reply. .

Sophie

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophiegadams
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
UCAS depends on what grades you get. For example

DDM is 320 UCAS points
DMM is 280 UCAS points etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.11%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
27.98%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
37.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.7%

Watched Threads