I want to do ICT at uni but I have no idea what course or where to even start looking

Watch this thread
Harlie.s
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Basically I've wanted to do drama all my life until I got my as results back yesterday. Now I'm thinking about doing ICT but I cannot find a course that seems right.

I don't want a lot of business or maths in it or like putting a computer together.
I want more like a bit of web design, game design, maybe a bit of business stuff like excel and databases and coding.

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bikeric
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Bsc (Hons) Computing at Sheffield Hallam has a bit of everything thats why I am doing it.
Although I think most ICT degree courses have a bit of maths.

Have a look lets us know what you think.
Sanctimonious
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Harlie.s)
Basically I've wanted to do drama all my life until I got my as results back yesterday. Now I'm thinking about doing ICT but I cannot find a course that seems right.

I don't want a lot of business or maths in it or like putting a computer together.
I want more like a bit of web design, game design, maybe a bit of business stuff like excel and databases and coding.

Anyone got any ideas?
Sorry to break it to you but there are two options:

ICT - this will be more excel and databases as opposed to coding in most cases. It will also be more business like and you'll also do more basic stuff as opposed to the in depth things that go on in a computer science degree. There will be some degree of maths involved but not a lot. It may include bits of web design and coding but this really depends on the uni and course.

Computer Science - this will be more coding and should include web design and definitely will include coding. In terms of business stuff, you'll be told about the computing industry and the legalities most likely as you will have to comply with acts and you'll most likely also be informed on professional bodies. Agile methodologies and processes will also be factored in - scrum, TDD, etc. It will also feature maths - you cant really do a computer science degree without maths - its just not going to happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (39)
15.54%
The paper was reasonable (126)
50.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (63)
25.1%
It was TERRIBLE (23)
9.16%

Watched Threads