The Student Room Group

Unconditional changed course offer

My firm choice offered me a different course on ucas and it says unconditional changed course offer, do I have to cconfirm this offer because I can't see how to do so?
Original post by DJC
My firm choice offered me a different course on ucas and it says unconditional changed course offer, do I have to cconfirm this offer because I can't see how to do so?

What happens when you click on it? You should be able to accept or decline it on track.

You will have 5 days to decide whether you want to accept this offer or go to your insurance choice or somewhere else in clearing. If you decline this change of course offer then you will go straight to your insurance who will be keeping your place available, assuming you met your offer.
Reply 2
Original post by oxymoronic
What happens when you click on it? You should be able to accept or decline it on track.

You will have 5 days to decide whether you want to accept this offer or go to your insurance choice or somewhere else in clearing. If you decline this change of course offer then you will go straight to your insurance who will be keeping your place available, assuming you met your offer.

I'm in the same situation as him. It just tells me that I'm waiting for my insurance to respond

"The University of Warwick has offered you an unconditional place with substantial changes to your original choice. You are now waiting for confirmation from University of Bristol."

I want to accept the Warwick offer, but there is no option to. Should I just wait for Bristol?
Reply 3
DJC
OP

It says '
Last updated 14 Aug 2014
The university or college has offered you a confirmed place with significant changes.
More details
This offer is subject to you obtaining Obtain grades AAB at Advanced Level in 3 subjects'

There's no button or anything to confirm it and the part about the grades was for my previous course, by saying offered you a confirmed place does that mean it's already been confirmed?
Original post by Teraad
I'm in the same situation as him. It just tells me that I'm waiting for my insurance to respond

"The University of Warwick has offered you an unconditional place with substantial changes to your original choice. You are now waiting for confirmation from University of Bristol."

I want to accept the Warwick offer, but there is no option to. Should I just wait for Bristol?

Original post by DJC
It says '
Last updated 14 Aug 2014
The university or college has offered you a confirmed place with significant changes.
More details
This offer is subject to you obtaining Obtain grades AAB at Advanced Level in 3 subjects'

There's no button or anything to confirm it and the part about the grades was for my previous course, by saying offered you a confirmed place does that mean it's already been confirmed?

Are these your firm or insurance universities that have made the changes?

If it is your firm choice then you should be able to click on the offer when you are in the main track screen and then that will let you accept/decline the offer.

If this is your insurance choice who has made a change of course offer then you need to wait until you have a decision from your firm (which you should by now) before you can accept/decline the change of course offer.

The change of course offer would not just be confirmed without your consent.

Edited to add: I am seeing if I can get some screen shots :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
DJC
OP
Are these your firm or insurance universities that have made the changes?

If it is your firm choice then you should be able to click on the offer when you are in the main track screen and then that will let you accept/decline the offer.

If this is your insurance choice who has made a change of course offer then you need to wait until you have a decision from your firm (which you should by now) before you can accept/decline the change of course offer.

The change of course offer would not just be confirmed without your consent.

It's my firm choice that made the change, my insurance rejected me so I've only got one offer, I accepted my firms change in offer in an email with them but not on track
Original post by DJC
It's my firm choice that made the change, my insurance rejected me so I've only got one offer, I accepted my firms change in offer in an email with them but not on track

Hmm okay, it could well be that they have taken your email consent to mean that you are accepting their offer and have then put the offer on in a way that means you do not have to accept it again on track. From an admissions perspective I can't think of a way that you would not have to accept a change of course offer due to the way it is entered on the system, but there might be a way around it if the university already has consent... but then UCAS wouldn't know that, so I can't imagine this is the case.

Are you happy with the change of course offer? In this situation I would actually advise contacting UCAS and explaining the situation to them (including saying that you did accept the offer from your firm) and double checking that there is nothing more that you need to do on track at your end.
Reply 7
DJC
OP
Hmm okay, it could well be that they have taken your email consent to mean that you are accepting their offer and have then put the offer on in a way that means you do not have to accept it again on track. From an admissions perspective I can't think of a way that you would not have to accept a change of course offer due to the way it is entered on the system, but there might be a way around it if the university already has consent... but then UCAS wouldn't know that, so I can't imagine this is the case.

Are you happy with the change of course offer? In this situation I would actually advise contacting UCAS and explaining the situation to them (including saying that you did accept the offer from your firm) and double checking that there is nothing more that you need to do on track at your end.

Yeah this is the choice I want to do now I just want to check I'm 100% confirmed to do it, I'll phone UCAS later to make sure, thanks for your help
Reply 8
Original post by DJC
Yeah this is the choice I want to do now I just want to check I'm 100% confirmed to do it, I'll phone UCAS later to make sure, thanks for your help
If they do explain how you accept the offer yourself, please come back and tell us how, as we don't have accounts and can't see how it's done!
Original post by DJC

You've genuinely got me on this one - I really really can't work out how they've managed to do this from an admissions processing perspective... would it be possible to send through screen shots? You can do it via PM and obviously paint out any personal details :smile:

Do let us know what UCAS say as I've honestly never heard of a change of course offer working out in this way, and we've been doing this for a long time. We're rarely stumped :p:
Reply 10
DJC
OP
You've genuinely got me on this one - I really really can't work out how they've managed to do this from an admissions processing perspective... would it be possible to send through screen shots? You can do it via PM and obviously paint out any personal details :smile:

Do let us know what UCAS say as I've honestly never heard of a change of course offer working out in this way, and we've been doing this for a long time. We're rarely stumped :p:

I emailed York and they said I would need to accept it, when I went back on UCAS track in the purple header at the top there's a button to reply to offers (90% sure this wasn't there before, maybe a delay?).
Reply 11
DJC
OP
Original post by Teraad

Is/was there a button in the purple header on track for you? that's where you can confirm the new offers
Reply 12
Original post by DJC
Is/was there a button in the purple header on track for you? that's where you can confirm the new offers

I still haven't got that :frown:

Did your insurance already reply to you though? If so, maybe thats why.
Reply 13
DJC
OP
Original post by Teraad
I still haven't got that :frown:

Did your insurance already reply to you though? If so, maybe thats why.

Yeah that's probably it, my insurence rejected me
Reply 14
I ended up ringing up UCAS and they sorted it. If anyone else has this problem, ring up UCAS, press 2 when prompted, press 2 again when prompted, and then explain the situation to the person who answers.
I had the same issue, this is the best thing to do! Phone 03714680468, press 2, 2 again and then 1 and explain the situation. They should be able to confirm the offer over the phone after asking a series of questions. The telephone operator I spoke to was very polite and friendly! I hope this is as quickly sorted for you!

Quick Reply