Waka Flocka
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do you ever do any practical work? or isit basically sit listen and take notes? I can only really imagin a course like IT where you're dealing with things like hardware and network etc would have to be practical and not just a note taking degree..???

Posted from TSR Mobile
iisjman07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Waka Flocka)
Do you ever do any practical work? or isit basically sit listen and take notes? I can only really imagin a course like IT where you're dealing with things like hardware and network etc would have to be practical and not just a note taking degree..???

Posted from TSR Mobile
For pretty much all units you'll have both lectures and labs (seminars, whatever...); the lectures of which will be pretty much all passive consumption of material, note taking, etc. Labs on the other hand generally focus on application of this knowledge through things like coursework-based projects, programming assignments, etc. In terms of physically practical work I think you're pretty much correct; hardware and networking are the most physically practical, but other subjects have practical elements that are less active

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sanctimonious
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Waka Flocka)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It'll be a mix and will depend on your module choices in all reality. Working with hardware could be anything from robots in AI, cables etc. in networking, actual computers in harder, servers in systems administration etc. and so on. It really depends on what choices you make.

However, do a CS related course rather than an IT one. CS courses are much more respected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads