Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so it feels like I've been waiting ages for a final decision from the university I wanted to get in (greenwich)

whats agitating me is that the longer I'm waiting I feel as though my chances of getting into halls are truly zilch

Also the longer I'm kept waiting, the more time I'm wasting where I could be applying through clearing

how long is it going to take?

ReputationRep:
    Phone them up and ask them if they've made a decision or when they expect to. It's very unfair to keep you hanging on, for the reasons you've mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Contact the university ASAP. If they haven't made a decision, you could still ask to be released into clearing. However, they may have decided and you may just be waiting on UCAS to update track. In this situation, if they have rejected you, then you can start contacting universities in clearing ASAP and explain your situation.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    I did call the university but they just tell me that they don't know which is frustrating because I'm just sitting indoors on my computer constantly refreshing ucas etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxkary)
    I did call the university but they just tell me that they don't know which is frustrating because I'm just sitting indoors on my computer constantly refreshing ucas etc
    Call the university again this afternoon. Leaving you hanging on for this long is really not acceptable.

Have you seen anything that interests you in clearing? If so, it might be better just to ask to be released.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so it feels like I've been waiting ages for a final decision from the university I wanted to get in (greenwich)

whats agitating me is that the longer I'm waiting I feel as though my chances of getting into halls are truly zilch

Also the longer I'm kept waiting, the more time I'm wasting where I could be applying through clearing

how long is it going to take?
    same thing is happening with me! i can't do anything or call up other unis in clearing since am not in clearing and my firm university is not making a decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by achu123)
    same thing is happening with me! i can't do anything or call up other unis in clearing since am not in clearing and my firm university is not making a decision!
    Sorry to hear, it's a horrible feeling not knowing... I'm just mostly worried about accommodation and my clearing choice if I do happen to be declined :/

ReputationRep:
    And I will definitely give them a call in a couple of hours, it's killing me

ReputationRep:
    yh call them and ask them! coz my problem was that they didn't have one of my results! but i got accepted now! good luck with yours! but don't give up on clearing and getting offers from others just incase! thats what i was doing till now and i did get offers from a few good unis! i know its stressful but done give up!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position as you... I called the university an hour ago to check and all they was was "We're trying our best to accept all the clearing offers as soon as possible"

It's going to be hell if I can't get a place in halls.

ReputationRep:
    I had to wait a fortnight for a final decision upon completion of my A-Levels in 2010. It was hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by achu123)
    yh call them and ask them! coz my problem was that they didn't have one of my results! but i got accepted now! good luck with yours! but don't give up on clearing and getting offers from others just incase! thats what i was doing till now and i did get offers from a few good unis! i know its stressful but done give up!
    I'm glad that it has worked out okay - which uni was it, out of interest?

Which uni are you waiting for?

It is unacceptable that they are behaving like this and to be honest, I think it's got to the stage now where you need to realistically think whether you do want to hang on for them or if you want them to reject you as they're taking too long so that you can go elsewhere. You should also contact UCAS and say that you're waiting for this particular uni, as it's good for them to have an idea of what's going on.

They will certainly know whether they plan on taking you or not by now. When you call do ask to be put through to someone who works in the admissions team rather than someone who is just answering the clearing calls, as it's likely that they will be able to be more honest with you than someone who is just answering phone calls but doesn't know the bigger picture.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for replying, after perseverance and many phone calls I can gladly say I got accepted. However it is pretty annoying that I had to wait so long! Now my remaining worry is getting into halls.. Perhaps loads of people got allocated whilst I was waiting for my confirmation.. I hope not :/

if anyone is waitingI suggest you keep ringing, try getting yourself diverted to a high up person who might actually be able to resolve any of your issues like oxymoronic stated the people handling clearing aren't going to have much power in changing your status

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.