The Student Room Group

UCAS still not updated help

I need to be released from my unconditional offer to see if I can get in to my insurance, but my ucas hasnt updated so I cant decline it on the page, I tried phoning the university but they said I had to wait for ucas, I've tried phoning ucas but I get put through to an answer machine and none of the answers leads to a person I can talk to on the phone, please help

Thanks for the replies everyone, it should be sorted now
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deadric
I need to be released from my unconditional offer to see if I can get in to my insurance, but my ucas hasnt updated so I cant decline it on the page, I tried phoning the university but they said I had to wait for ucas, I've tried phoning ucas but I get put through to an answer machine and none of the answers leads to a person I can talk to on the phone, please help

Your firm is unconditional so you don't have an insurance choice any more. If you get released from your place you'll be in Clearing. Have you checked with the insurance uni that they'd still offer you a place in Clearing?
Ucas is being very slow to update this year, so there is very little you can do.

Have you spoken to your insurance, and made them aware of the situation? Are they holding your offer for you?
Reply 3
Original post by Deadric

As your firm has turned unconditional, your insurance has disappeared. You would need to contact your insurance to check if they can offer you a place in Clearing.

Updates on UCAS can take some time.
Reply 4
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Ucas is being very slow to update this year, so there is very little you can do.

Have you spoken to your insurance, and made them aware of the situation? Are they holding your offer for you?

Yea I've phoned them and gotten a verbal confirmation that I can get in to clearing in the course I want, now I cant find the add clearing choice option in track :redface:
Original post by Deadric
Yea I've phoned them and gotten a verbal confirmation that I can get in to clearing in the course I want, now I cant find the add clearing choice option in track :redface:

It sounds like UCAS hasn't yet processed you being released from your firm yet. This is perfectly usual- as it usually takes at least 24 hours for everything to be processed at this time of year.

If you are waiting on UCAS, you should be able to speak to them, and see how long it will take for your track page to be updated. You can then keep your insurance choice informed.
Reply 6
It sounds like UCAS hasn't yet processed you being released from your firm yet. This is perfectly usual- as it usually takes at least 24 hours for everything to be processed at this time of year.

If you are waiting on UCAS, you should be able to speak to them, and see how long it will take for your track page to be updated. You can then keep your insurance choice informed.

I've emailed the uni to release me so that should be done soon
Original post by Deadric
I've emailed the uni to release me so that should be done soon

Fingers crossed it happens ASAP for you. When did you send the email?
Reply 8
Fingers crossed it happens ASAP for you. When did you send the email?

About a hour or two ago, I also phoned to ask and they said I'm gonna be released soon
Original post by Deadric
About a hour or two ago, I also phoned to ask and they said I'm gonna be released soon

Have you contacted your insurance to see if they will accept you through clearing?
Reply 10
Original post by TenOfThem
Have you contacted your insurance to see if they will accept you through clearing?

Yea I have (sorry for the delay) I've got a verbal offer and I phoned back saying that I might need an extended deadline as I'm not released yet
Original post by Deadric
Yea I have (sorry for the delay) I've got a verbal offer and I phoned back saying that I might need an extended deadline as I'm not released yet

ok, sounds like things are going to plan
Reply 12
Original post by TenOfThem
ok, sounds like things are going to plan

Yea fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest