Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sadly yesterday was a bad day for me, a U in both economics units at AS :mad:

I somehow came out of the exam all those months ago feeling really confident that i had written all the correct content and whatever. My main problem all year has been trying to get the order of my answers right using

KNOWLEDGE
    APPLICATION
    ANALYSIS
    EVALUATION

and i just can't seem to grasp this skill. Can anyone please give me tips on how to write the correct way in the exam to get the marks so when i try again next year i don't do as bad, i would really appreciate it, thanks

Edit: the board for the exam was Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Wider reading. Following the news and having up to date examples of current economic related events is key to obtaining top marks. However, a U suggests a lack of understanding of key concepts rather than a lack of technique. If I were you I'd start youtubing some of the topics as there are plenty of online teaching videos. Paj Holden and Econplusdal but to name a few. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Following on from what Paul said here's a thread I devised to assist Economics students.

This is for AQA exam board, although has all the same processes with regards to your Analysis/Evaluation/Application etc..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2641741

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Following on from what Paul said here's a thread I devised to assist Economics students.

This is for AQA exam board, although has all the same processes with regards to your Analysis/Evaluation/Application etc..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2641741
    How'd your A2's go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulKrugman)
    How'd your A2's go?
    They went alright :rolleyes:

Econ units as follows:

Unit 1: 90 UMS
    Unit 2: 100 UMS
    Unit 3: 96 UMS
    Unit 4: 84 UMS

Overall grade: A*

ReputationRep:
    They went alright :rolleyes:

Econ units as follows:

Unit 1: 90 UMS
    Unit 2: 100 UMS
    Unit 3: 96 UMS
    Unit 4: 84 UMS

Overall grade: A*

AHAHA Talk about scraping it (with the 90 A2 average) well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulKrugman)
    AHAHA Talk about scraping it (with the 90 A2 average) well done!
    I know, I want to request my A2 paper back though. I'm not sure how I did so badly.

ReputationRep:
    I know, I want to request my A2 paper back though. I'm not sure how I did so badly.
    Hey, any chance you did maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.