Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be a little long winded so bear with me

At uni I'm looking to take a business degree like Management or Marketing (or both).
    As it stands, I'll start my A-levels in September and study Economics, English Lit, Psychology and Religious Studies.
    BUT I've been asking around with some universities and although there aren't any specific subject requirements for the courses I've been looking at, a few of them have hinted that taking maths might not be a bad idea.
    My problem with that is I've never been particularly good at Maths. I worked very hard to get from a C to an A in a year but I'm not sure that I would able to do the A-level and come out with an A (which is the requirement of the courses I've got in mind).
    THEN I think 'well if I take Maths, what do I drop?'. English Lit is my strongest subject so that's staying and Economics is a no brainer for business so that isn't going anywhere either. I would drop psychology because I was never that keen on taking it in the first place, but then is RS too subjective for a guaranteed A? Would I be putting myself at a disadvantage by not having a science at A-Level?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions at this point, I'm sort of in turmoil. I was thinking of maybe taking Maths at AS and then dropping it for A2 but then I would have to pick up another AS to do in my A2 year (maybe Chemistry?).
    If anyone would like to know what options are available for me, I can take the following, however my stronger subjects are essay based ones:
    Maths
    Stats
    Eng. Lang
    Eng. Lit
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Geography
    History
    German
    French
    Music
    Psychology
    Economics
    Classical Civilisation

ReputationRep:
    My brother just finished his business degree and he took English lit+lang combined, geography and business studies. (Maths at AS)

As long as you get the grades the university ask for it doesn't really matter in what subjects. Although, for my brothers uni they asked for business studies A-level.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, so it as long as you get the grades they're not too fussed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.