Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Retaking year 12 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am 17 years old and have just completed my AS year. I didn't do well enough to carry on to A2 as I got B,E,U,U. I have been given the option to retake year 12 and my AS levels again at the same school. Is it a good idea to carry on at the same school or go to college and do AS levels there?

ReputationRep:
    Carry on at the same school unless you can't do the subjects that you really want to do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in AS and I just missed the grades the are required for me to apply to the university that I want to go to. Could I get a priority remark so that I could apply to university with my new remakrked grades? If not then when could I apply to get a normal remark? Do I have to wait till school starts and how long will that take?

Thanks for your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenabercrombie)
    I am 17 years old and have just completed my AS year. I didn't do well enough to carry on to A2 as I got B,E,U,U. I have been given the option to retake year 12 and my AS levels again at the same school. Is it a good idea to carry on at the same school or go to college and do AS levels there?
    Really depends and i suppose only you can answer that.

Just gotta ask yourself did the school give you the support / resources that you needed? Did the facilities they offer help? etc.

ReputationRep:
    That's up to you, if you don't like your sixth form then change.

I'm also in the same circumstances and i changed sixth form as my college didn't allow me to continue there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenabercrombie)
    I would retake the year at the same school

ReputationRep:
    it all depends, if you enjoyed going to the school last year then retake the a-levels there. Do you think your grades were due to a lack of effort or poor quality teaching because if it was due to the latter then I would recommend moving do a different sixth form/ collage.

ReputationRep:
    You are lucky you get to retake your AS at your current school. I on the other hand have to move to another college to redo year 12. I have to enrol from the 25th of August. And unlike last year when I was limited to 6 colleges this year I have unlimited numbers of colleges I can apply to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you would work hard during the year and not get distracted by Friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had the option to retake the year at my school or move, I chose to move because of distance and I ended up working much harder and getting better grades. Whether that's down to moving from my school, I don't know. It just depends on if you're willing to pull things together by working hard. It doesn't matter where you go. (Unless your teachers don't turn up to lesson/don't teach or whatever).

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.