Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got my AS levels yesterday, essentially what I got was A B B (the 3 subjects I'm taking next year). Then add on C for general studies and D for the subject I'm dropping. Upon simply doubling my 3 subjects and general studies' grades, my UCAS points would work out as 430. However i'm likely to be predicted A A A for my 3 main subjects.

So at this rate, i'd like to know, what level of Uni's would I be looking at? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds - York - Bristol range?

ReputationRep:
    UCAS points are going to be irrelevant if you get ABB or upwards.

If you do get ABB upwards you'll be able to apply for most universities below the top top unis, depending on subject of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El-Presidente)
    Leeds - York - Bristol range?
    Sounds great cheers pal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    UCAS points are going to be irrelevant if you get ABB or upwards.

If you do get ABB upwards you'll be able to apply for most universities below the top top unis, depending on subject of course.
    Thanks man, what do you classify as the top tier? Cambridge, Oxford, St Andrews? How far down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyBadger123)
    Thanks man, what do you classify as the top tier? Cambridge, Oxford, St Andrews? How far down?
    The likes of Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Durham etc I'd class as top tier.

It depends what subject you want to study and what subjects you currently study though, it's almost impossible to simply state universities you could apply too.

ReputationRep:
    The likes of Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Durham etc I'd class as top tier.

It depends what subject you want to study and what subjects you currently study though, it's almost impossible to simply state universities you could apply too.
    Subjects are Geography, History and Economics. Want to study is still undecided sadly

ReputationRep:
    With ABB you could go for some very good Universities. Most of the Russell Group bar the very top would be open to you.

This year especially people have gotten into Universities by the likes of Bristol and Exeter for competitive subjects with ABB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyBadger123)
    Subjects are Geography, History and Economics. Want to study is still undecided sadly
    All well respected subjects, once you decide on the subject you want to study and put together a strong application you'll have lots of doors open to you.

If you manage to get AAA instead of ABB, more doors will of course be opened, leaving very few locked.

Just work out what you want to study at university, then really research where is likely/not likely to accept you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmaugTheTerrible)
    With ABB you could go for some very good Universities. Most of the Russell Group bar the very top would be open to you.

This year especially people have gotten into Universities by the likes of Bristol and Exeter for competitive subjects with ABB.
    Sounds promising thanks!

ReputationRep:
    All well respected subjects, once you decide on the subject you want to study and put together a strong application you'll have lots of doors open to you.

If you manage to get AAA instead of ABB, more doors will of course be opened, leaving very few locked.

Just work out what you want to study at university, then really research where is likely/not likely to accept you.
    Thanks man, much help.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who has just got into Durham with ABC and applied with a predicted BBB .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannon277)
    I have a friend who has just got into Durham with ABC and applied with a predicted BBB .
    Wow, what course?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I got my results as below:
    Maths (Further maths):A*
    Physics: a
    Computing: b
    Initially I was planning to apply to UCL for mechanical engineering, but the b in computing worries me. Do you think I will still have a chance to get into UCL(or Bristol)??
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmaugTheTerrible)
    Wow, what course?
    Archaeology, not everyone's idea of a good time but she just wanted to go to Durham

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.