The Student Room Group

BBC in AS levels - Can I still be predicted ABB for university?

Hi

I received my AS results yesterday (14th August 2014) and I am quite disappointed.

I got BBCC, B's in Biology and Geography and C's in English Lit and Chemistry. I want to apply to do a course at Uni that's ABB, is it possible for teachers to predict me ABB still?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Yep :smile: . It's more than possible :smile: . Teachers are usually happy to predict one grade above what you achieved at AS :yep: . Though do speak to them each individually and assess whether they are happy for that to happen :smile:
Reply 2
Hey don't worry about it. I got ABCC but my predicted grades for A2 are AAB. It honestly depends if you just flopped on the day, but yeah, speaking to your teachers about your prospects is the most important thing considering they are the ones who will make the predictions in the end. E-mail them if you can! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
Yep :smile: . It's more than possible :smile: . Teachers are usually happy to predict one grade above what you achieved at AS :yep: . Though do speak to them each individually and assess whether they are happy for that to happen :smile:

Original post by El-Presidente
Hey don't worry about it. I got ABCC but my predicted grades for A2 are AAB. It honestly depends if you just flopped on the day, but yeah, speaking to your teachers about your prospects is the most important thing considering they are the ones who will make the predictions in the end. E-mail them if you can! :biggrin:

Thank you both :smile: The annoying thing is that I know I could have got ABC or ABB if I'd worked harder. Just hope I can persuade my teachers now!
Original post by samjones1324
Hi

I received my AS results yesterday (14th August 2014) and I am quite disappointed.

I got BBCC, B's in Biology and Geography and C's in English Lit and Geology. I want to apply to do a course at Uni that's ABB, is it possible for teachers to predict me ABB still?

Thanks

Hi yes I received CCD in my first year and was predicted ABB for A2. Depends how determined and motivated you are and you need to show your tutors this, do extra work/ essays etc. Good luck
Reply 5
Original post by taylorjane1777
Hi yes I received CCD in my first year and was predicted ABB for A2. Depends how determined and motivated you are and you need to show your tutors this, do extra work/ essays etc. Good luck

How the hell did you manage that? And what did you get in the end?
Original post by adi19956
How the hell did you manage that? And what did you get in the end?

Showed my teachers I was determined in the start of term for A2, showed them I was motivated to achieve good grades. I got BBC in the end which is disappointing as I was aiming for ABB. ****ed up in my papers :frown: work hard for your grades, if I could go back i would work alot harder to achieve the best. Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by taylorjane1777

Thats really good! I am more motivated than ever now to get ABB after my results yesterday.
Reply 8
I got CCDD for AS but was predicted ABB by my teachers :smile: I got ABB (just as predicted) this August so it's definitely possible! Just make sure you have a really good revision timetable for your resits.
Reply 9
Original post by Petrue
I got CCDD for AS but was predicted ABB by my teachers :smile: I got ABB (just as predicted) this August so it's definitely possible! Just make sure you have a really good revision timetable for your resits.

Congrats! :smile: I realise now how much harder I need to work, hopefully my teachers will predict me ABB.
Original post by Petrue

Hey I know its pathetic but how do u do a revision timetable without knowing how much time ur gonna need for each subject and how long topics take to revise?

Quick Reply

Latest