Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! If there is any 2nd/3rd/past Cov students out there I was wondering whether you'd recommend getting the freshers pass or not? :confused::confused:

They're £45 which is quite a lot, so I don't want to be wasting money if the majority of people won't get them/the events aren't very good.

This is the line up this year

I'm really stuck. I don't have a lot of money at the moment as I'm saving up because I need to get a new laptop before starting... but I really don't want to miss out once I'm there.

Also if there's any freshers this year, I'm studying English and in Liberty Point flat 35
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm going to be doing English too this year, but in Singer Hall flat 33. I'm Heidi btw

ReputationRep:
    I am doing English also but block 14 in Singer Hall, I am confused on whether to get a pass also.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Totally know how you feel. I am also saving up money for new gadgets for university so I just can't afford to go :/

As far as I'm aware, there are day time activities, so you won't be missing out on this stuff...

http://www.cusu.org/opportunities/ev...freshers-week/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cluelessolive)
    Hi! Totally know how you feel. I am also saving up money for new gadgets for university so I just can't afford to go :/

As far as I'm aware, there are day time activities, so you won't be missing out on this stuff...

http://www.cusu.org/opportunities/ev...freshers-week/

Thank you for posting that link

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea anyway because buying the pass means you're going to be more motivated to go to things whether you're nervous to or not, whereas if you go to Freshers and have to pay on the door for everything you'll feel less inclined to get out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseee153)
    Hi! I'm going to be doing English too this year, but in Singer Hall flat 33. I'm Heidi btw
    omg, I'm doing English and in Singer Hall, block 36!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm going into my 2nd year at Cov now. I bought a freshers pass last year, but tbh, I personally hardly used it. Loads of other club nights and events are held during the week, which might seem more appealing than whatever is included in the wristband.. I guess it just depends. For me, it would have been better for me to pay as I went :] x have fun at freshers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach3016)
    omg, I'm doing English and in Singer Hall, block 36!
    omg hi!! Nice to meet you This all feels so strange, like its all real, we're actually going to uni and I think my brain is going to explode haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.