Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I applied through clearing and I've got unconditional offers from 3 uni's: Birkbeck college for Bsc Psychology, University of Roehampton for Bsc Psychology and London South Bank for Bsc Psychology with Clinical.

I want to go on to do a professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology after my Bsc and Birkbeck has supposedly one of the best psychology research departments in the country. It also has a better rep and is part of the University of London. :cool:

I don't know much about Roehampton. :confused:

South Bank teaching is supposed to be very good and I've heard that the teachers are very helpful and actually care... I don't know if this is unique or not. Also the the course is tailored to the course I want to do after but the difference is only in the final year modules. I've also heard that the student union is not very good here... :rolleyes:

If anyone can give me more information... All advice is welcome.

Thnx in adv.

I'm no expert but I would say out of those three, Birkbeck sounds like your best option in terms of reputation etc, if thats important to you?
    If you don't know much about Roehampton then I guess it's difficult to know for sure and I'm sure there are good teachers at Birkbeck and Roehampton too!

Sounds like Birkbeck to me too. Good luck with that.

If your CV passed across my desk I would be considerably more impressed by a degree from Birkbeck than either of the other two.

I would say Birkbeck as they are most likely to have professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology qualification for you to progress on to. And it is easier for to get it if you already know the lectures and they have good opinion of you

Thanx to every1 who took the tym 2 answer my thread. I've decided on birkbeck and am looking forward to meeting my fellow students wish me luck!! luv 2 all xx
How are you feeling about your exams?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.