Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got two offers of accommodation yesterday and both of them are in John Foster Hall and are premium plus ensuite rooms. I didn't apply for premium plus because of the price so these offers aren't actually from my choices and the cost is much higher than i'd like because the prices seem to have gone up from last year. If i ring up the accommodation office is there a change they will change it or do I just have to take this accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position, I emailed them today and they basically said that's all they have left. All five of my choices were standard/premium ensuite rooms so I presume they don't have any in that grade left. Think I'm just going to settle for premium plus, even though it's much more expensive than I'd like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmahazz)
    I'm in the same position, I emailed them today and they basically said that's all they have left. All five of my choices were standard/premium ensuite rooms so I presume they don't have any in that grade left. Think I'm just going to settle for premium plus, even though it's much more expensive than I'd like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same, well at least we get faster internet even if it costs £1000 more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryinglightning)
    Yeah same, well at least we get faster internet even if it costs £1000 more!
    Hopefully we get more than just faster internet for that price haha! What block were you allocated? I got Leire Floor 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmahazz)
    Hopefully we get more than just faster internet for that price haha! What block were you allocated? I got Leire Floor 3.
    We'll just have to wait and see I guess! I'm in Crofts floor 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone John Foster Huncote Flr 2 Flat 5? Or doing history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you contact them they can usually put you on a waiting list for a move, as a lot of people move particularly after the first term.

John Foster pavilion rooms are a lot more expensive but they are nice and the kitchens are as nice as the self-catered places despite you being catered for. The kitchens in other catered halls are tiny and extremely basic and don't have many facilities whereas the JoFo ones are big and have everything (microwave, kettle, fridge, freezer, oven, hob, dining table and chairs, loads of cupboards). Also in JoFo you get your room cleaned once a fortnight which includes your bathroom, and the communal areas get cleaned once a week. They also do the bedding laundry for you (sheets and pillow covers) every fortnight, and that's all provided for you, and they provide you with a pillow and duvet and duvet cover. So yeah it's a lot more expensive but you get all that stuff that the other halls don't you see!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone need accomodation. I no longer moving in September and require Somone to take my room. Any interests?? Going fast first come first serve

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.