Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi ! I'm new on this website and I'm here because I'm lost in my studies.
    I'm 23, I live in France and after 5 years at university, wich I've failed by lack of interest (I was studying languages), I'm wondering what could I do with my life. I'm affraid to go back to university but I don't know what esle to do. I need a change. Any ideas please ??

ReputationRep:
    Do not go back to university just because you think you should. Only go back if you are interested in a career and you need the education to get a job in that field.

Until then try to figure out what really interests you. What are you passionate about? When you read a magazine or something online, is there anything that gets you really excited and you wished you could do that? In the meantime find some work. If you came up with a list of things that you are interested in, try to find a job in one of those fields. If one job doesn't interest you, you can cross it off the list until you find something you like.

After you have some ideas about what might interest you in a career, read on the subject in magazines, books, internet. Find people who are doing what you are interested in and contact them. Ask them what the job is really like. See if you can intern or job shadow with them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.