The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Debo1996
I had an interview on the 12th and havent heard back yet. The wait is just agonising!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! Its been 4 weeks since I had my interview and there are people who heard back within 4-5 days....its the worst feeling
Original post by ryanb97
When I went to barts I got the feeling of 'I can see myself going here'
When I went to SGs I got the feeling of 'I want to go here'
That's a massive difference for me

I didn't go to any open days to any of the unis I went to btw and I only applied to unis that I would get interviews at

I'm in the same position as you in that I didn't go to any open days and the first time I saw my universities was at interview.

St George's just didn't quite feel like the right place for me, but I suppose it's different for every person.
Original post by chrissy96x
It on the 10th how about you?

14th... so we still have a while
I noticed people have been talking about offer holder days- where are the details of these?
Interview tomorrow at 12,anyone else have an interview tomorrow??
Original post by hukdealz
I noticed people have been talking about offer holder days- where are the details of these?

was sent an email on 2nd March that there's an offer holder day on 4th March and 1st April that you need to book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blissfully
was sent an email on 2nd March that there's an offer holder day on 4th March and 1st April that you need to book

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get this email, does it say how you book? betters still, is there any chance you could copy and paste the email onto this thread?
Original post by 786687
I didn't get this email, does it say how you book? betters still, is there any chance you could copy and paste the email onto this thread?

they sent you a link that seems to be specifically for offer holders and I would but I'm on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
can somebody send me the link to book my place on the offer holder day, I didn't get the email. I've attached proof that I've actually got an offer.

http://i.imgur.com/Aprv1cR.png

Just received an offer!

So shocked as I thought my interview went terribly!!
Has anyone on the waiting list heard back?
Original post by jojoefghi
Just received an offer!

So shocked as I thought my interview went terribly!!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview?
Original post by kayy_ox
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview?

Thank you :smile:
6th Feb.
A thread for those on the SGUL post interview waiting list.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3197173
Original post by hukdealz
I'm in the same position as you in that I didn't go to any open days and the first time I saw my universities was at interview.

St George's just didn't quite feel like the right place for me, but I suppose it's different for every person.

SGUL isn't right for everyone. Medschools do try and look to see whether you are "suited" to their course and SGUL must have thought you'd do well here, hence they've given you an offer :smile: However it's very hard to try and see which medschools you'd be best suited to because you can't know unless you actually go to them. But remember that you'd have to go through the whole UCAS process again, which would be like my worst nightmare :P

What I can say about George's is that if you prefer learning about the clinical and communication side of things as opposed to more academic stuff, then you'd do well here. If you like a good balance between learning and having a decent uni life you'd enjoy it here too. If you are more studious and would prefer to learn a lot more "stuff" (e.g. if you're planning on becoming an academic doctor rather than a clinical doc) then you might do better at somewhere like Imperial.

However, whether you actually get offers again is another question...
[QUOTE=tania

what are the cons?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my interview today at 3!
Original post by georgiahinch
Had my interview today at 3!

Nice! How do you think it went? I heard back from them 7 days after interview, some have taken substantially longer though, so hopefully they're quick!
Anyone here have their interview on the tenth March? I thought my interview was quite hard tbh, deffo crashed two stations really bad but I'm just praying now :/
Original post by turtlewearsahat
Nice! How do you think it went? I heard back from them 7 days after interview, some have taken substantially longer though, so hopefully they're quick!

I think it was my best so far! Couple of starions I found tricky but other than that I think I coped okay! Did you get an offer? I pray the wait is quick!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending