The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beansontoast92
I have mine next week and if its not the last batch, it must be one of the last batches....I think that theyre gonna wait till all interviews are finished before they give any more offers tbh

Which day during next week?

Looking back at the last 4 year's St George's appplicants threads, they give out offers between 10 and 14 April and then just before the deadline around 6/7 May. However, most of these offers are given to people on the waiting list.

I suspect offers will be given out either the coming Friday or the one next week.
Original post by Anonymous97
Yeah 11 am too! Yeah hopefully, Good Luck, Im sure you did really well.

Ahh it's weird how we probably were talking on the day but I have no idea who you are!

️️aha I hope so, I'm sure you did too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hukdealz
I agree, I have a feeling it's because they have given out more offers than they were supposed to already. There was over 100 people at the offer holder taster day I went to!

Yhh ikr they need to make it as fair as they can

Original post by slsgt3
Which day during next week?

Looking back at the last 4 year's St George's appplicants threads, they give out offers between 10 and 14 April and then just before the deadline around 6/7 May. However, most of these offers are given to people on the waiting list.

I suspect offers will be given out either the coming Friday or the one next week.

On Thursday...you might be right and if my batch is the last one, they may even give the offers/rejections next week on friday leaving just the waiting list decisions left to go
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast92
I have my interview coming up and I was just wandering do they use the WE Forms in the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They use it to check against your PS :smile: Seems so long ago now... almost 4 months since my interview!

Good luck everyone who's still waiting to hear/going for interviews :smile:
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Ahh it's weird how we probably were talking on the day but I have no idea who you are!

️️aha I hope so, I'm sure you did too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! I was just thinking the same thing! I was the only one with a pocket square that day, if that helps identify me at all....

Hahaha thanks!
Can't remember if I posted but I withdrew a few weeks ago to firm Exeter and insurance Keele so there's one more space on the waiting list now! Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous97
I know right! I was just thinking the same thing! I was the only one with a pocket square that day, if that helps identify me at all....

Hahaha thanks!

haha unfortunately it doesn't :P I was wearing a black and grey dress if that helps anymore :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Can't remember if I posted but I withdrew a few weeks ago to firm Exeter and insurance Keele so there's one more space on the waiting list now! Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Thank You :smile: well done on your offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't get why George's keep interviewing so late on when they've given out 90% of their offers. It's just painful for the interviewee knowing they're most likely not going to get an offer unless their interview was perfect.

Also some of the questions I got at George's were disgusting! I'm sure people must've had easier ones. Do they adjust scores to take difficulty into account or is it just luck?
Original post by Trypsin
I don't get why George's keep interviewing so late on when they've given out 90% of their offers. It's just painful for the interviewee knowing they're most likely not going to get an offer unless their interview was perfect.

Also some of the questions I got at George's were disgusting! I'm sure people must've had easier ones. Do they adjust scores to take difficulty into account or is it just luck?

I thought they used pretty much the same questions for every round of mmi?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trypsin

How do you know they've given out 90% of their offers? I thought it was meant to be a fair system but idk

But yeah I was taken aback in my interview too, I don't think it went very well :P I hope they do that!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you know they've given out 90% of their offers? I thought it was meant to be a fair system but idk

But yeah I was taken aback in my interview too, I don't think it went very well :P I hope they do that!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard that there were loads of people like 120+ at the offer holders day/s. The class size at George's is tiny - barely over 100 people. So if all these offer holders who attended that day have firmed George's, then they have no offers left to give out.

Usually they give out rolling offers on a monthly basis. No one I know from March has been given an offer which probably means March and April candidates will be lumped together.

All in all you're looking at very very slim chances of getting an offer. If you were exceptional then they'll put you on waiting list in case someone doesn't get the required grades come August.

They did the exact same thing with me and Cardiff
Original post by Trypsin
I've heard that there were loads of people like 120+ at the offer holders day/s. The class size at George's is tiny - barely over 100 people. So if all these offer holders who attended that day have firmed George's, then they have no offers left to give out.

Usually they give out rolling offers on a monthly basis. No one I know from March has been given an offer which probably means March and April candidates will be lumped together.

All in all you're looking at very very slim chances of getting an offer. If you were exceptional then they'll put you on waiting list in case someone doesn't get the required grades come August.

Yeah I heard that too but I'm assuming not everyone who went would be firming?

Great I guess I have to be more realistic now in that I may have to take a gap year :P

Oh well good luck with Cardiff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I heard that too but I'm assuming not everyone who went would be firming?

Great I guess I have to be more realistic now in that I may have to take a gap year :P

Oh well good luck with Cardiff!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I'll probs be taking a gap year too! Stupid UKCAT ruined me. It was above George's cut off but not high enough to be called for interview early on when they actually had offers
Original post by Trypsin

Honesty dont think they are allowed to discriminate against later interviewees. Med schools usually give out a lot more offer than there are places so I think the candidates still waiting have the same chances of getting in.

Anyway good luck to those that are still waiting! x :wink:
Original post by Trypsin

They gave out offers in May last year.

If they are anything like Bham (who use MMI as well) they don't adjust scores.

Original post by Trypsin

There was about 40/50 people max at the open day. They increased the size of the year group to about 175.

Chances are they will give out around 300 offers
Around 500 are interviewed each year
^thats not slim
Original post by ryanb97

There was about 40/50 people max at the open day. They increased the size of the year group to about 175.

^thats not slim

They increased the size to 175?? How?? Do they even have enough rooms for accommodation? I'm not complaining. The more the merrier! :wink:
Original post by atlsme
Honesty dont think they are allowed to discriminate against later interviewees. Med schools usually give out a lot more offer than there are places so I think the candidates still waiting have the same chances of getting in.

Anyway good luck to those that are still waiting! x :wink:

i hope thats true but its really hard to believe....what if everyone interviewed next week gets full marks (or significantly higher scores than people already offered) in the interview but they dont have enough offers. i know the chances are very slim but its not impossible, what would they do?

Also do SGUL have a cut off for the interview score and how can they determine this if everyone hasnt been interviewed yet? unless the cutoffs differ for each interview day?
Original post by ryanb97

^thats not slim

1) They gave offers in May to people on the waiting list. And it was hardly a substantial number of offers they gave out

2) if they don't adjust scores thanks v much George's for making it unfair for some candidates

3) I didn't know they'd increased the year size. Doubt it's true since it nearly means they've doubled their intake of students

4) 300 is way too optimistic. Last year they gave out 190 offers if I remember correctly. Most off the offers have been given out already. So yh it's not slim at all ..

You can be as optimistic as you want but don't be surprised if u get rejected as that's what's likely going to happen. Better prepare now for your gap year
Original post by Trypsin
1) They gave offers in May to people on the waiting list. And it was hardly a substantial number of offers they gave out

2) if they don't adjust scores thanks v much George's for making it unfair for some candidates

3) I didn't know they'd increased the year size. Doubt it's true since it nearly means they've doubled their intake of students

4) 300 is way too optimistic. Last year they gave out 190 offers if I remember correctly. Most off the offers have been given out already. So yh it's not slim at all ..

You can be as optimistic as you want but don't be surprised if u get rejected as that's what's likely going to happen. Better prepare now for your gap year

Man is legit coming in guns blazing destroying lives :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending