The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Synergy86
£450 deposit - your contract won't be confirmed without paying it. I applied last Friday.

They sent out an email when you accept an offer (verbally) with a list of all the things you need done before enrolment

Omg I honestly didn't know that we had to verbally confirm the offer?!
Track said that no further action had to be taken and the uni will be in contact. I did get the confimation email though. I sent all those forms a while back, people who had forms missing got emails so I assumed it was all okay.
I guess I'll ring them tomorrow. Thanks for the info :smile:
Original post by tealover96
Omg I honestly didn't know that we had to verbally confirm the offer?!
Track said that no further action had to be taken and the uni will be in contact. I did get the confimation email though. I sent all those forms a while back, people who had forms missing got emails so I assumed it was all okay.
I guess I'll ring them tomorrow. Thanks for the info :smile:

Mine might have been slightly different because I am a graduate already and only got the offer last Friday? They gave me 17 days to get EVERYTHING sorted in time for September, so perhaps I got priority in halls, I don't know.

Either way, I doubt it'll be long before you guys get confirmations :smile: I start on the 1st, I think you all have a little more time :smile:
Reply 2542
Guys can someone link me to the Facebook group for medicine offer holders? I can only find the general freshers page
Original post by Synergy86
Mine might have been slightly different because I am a graduate already and only got the offer last Friday? They gave me 17 days to get EVERYTHING sorted in time for September, so perhaps I got priority in halls, I don't know.

Either way, I doubt it'll be long before you guys get confirmations :smile: I start on the 1st, I think you all have a little more time :smile:

Ohhh right that's reassuring! We start on the 19th so makes sense that you got it earlier
Did anyone else curl up into a ball and cry after seeing how many pages of OH forms there were?
Hi guys, I'm going to be applying this year, for 2016 entry.

I was wondering- since you are asked to provide references to bring to the interview, do these references have any effect on whether you get an offer?

i.e. If my interview went really well, but I only had a few references that show I did some barebone volunteering, could an offer be withdrawn?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2546
[QUOTE=hi-zen-berg;58683257]Hi guys, I'm going to be applying this year, for 2016 entry.

I was wondering- since you are asked to provide references to bring to the interview, do these references have any effect on whether you get an offer?

i.e. If my interview went really well, but I only had a few references that show I did some barebone volunteering, could an offer be withdrawn?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

No - The references they ask for are very brief. my references were three lines long confirming the dates I was there. Eg

"X volunteered at the disability school an hour a week for three months. During this time X played sport with children and helped the teachers during class"
Original post by X_s
No - The references they ask for are very brief. my references were three lines long confirming the dates I was there. Eg

"X volunteered at the disability school an hour a week for three months. During this time X played sport with children and helped the teachers during class"

Thanks thats great! Do you have any or he best documents/tips/info that would help me applying to SGUL?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2548
[QUOTE=hi-zen-berg;58704877]Thanks thats great! Do you have any or he best documents/tips/info that would help me applying to SGUL?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you meet the UKCAT cutoff and have enough GCSE points then you will be guaranteed an interview according to their website.

After that it's your interview that will decide whether or not you'll get an offer

Since they use MMI interviews my advice would be to have an idea of what you'd say for a wide range of questions from the obvious why medicine to roleplay to scenarios to recent medical news
Original post by X_s
If you meet the UKCAT cutoff and have enough GCSE points then you will be guaranteed an interview according to their website.

After that it's your interview that will decide whether or not you'll get an offer

Since they use MMI interviews my advice would be to have an idea of what you'd say for a wide range of questions from the obvious why medicine to roleplay to scenarios to recent medical news

Since I'm an international applicant, I don't know much about what's in news ATM. What do you suggest I do to keep myself up to date with this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2550
[QUOTE=Tanishqa;58706297]Since I'm an international applicant, I don't know much about what's in news ATM. What do you suggest I do to keep myself up to date with this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can look at BBC health and the guardian newspapers health section to keep up to date about medical issues in the UK specifically.
Original post by X_s
Guys can someone link me to the Facebook group for medicine offer holders? I can only find the general freshers page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615724618658011/
Reply 2552
Do we need to buy freshers tickets beforehand or is it on the door?
Hey guys, does anyone know how long our christmas break is? (thinking way ahead ahhaha). On the semester dates it says 6 December till 6 Jan there's a break but then they say that the break is only 2 weeks long.
I got offered a place and am starting in September with only a UKCAT score of 575 ish , I think they focused more on my personal statement so don't let UK CAT scores put you off applying!
Original post by ChloeGill
I got offered a place and am starting in September with only a UKCAT score of 575 ish , I think they focused more on my personal statement so don't let UK CAT scores put you off applying!

That is made-up. I got rejected from SGUL because I only got 620 and the CUT-OFF was 637.5. They LITERALLY said that I never got picked because of my UKCAT.

Fellow doctor wannabes. please DO let your UKCAT put you off applying here. Apply to Bham, I got in cause they don't care about UKCAT.
Original post by Butternuts96
That is made-up. I got rejected from SGUL because I only got 620 and the CUT-OFF was 637.5. They LITERALLY said that I never got picked because of my UKCAT.

Fellow doctor wannabes. please DO let your UKCAT put you off applying here. Apply to Bham, I got in cause they don't care about UKCAT.

First part seems correct - think the cut off was 2560 overall

Second part is wrong because Brum has now started using the ukcat for 2016

Only Bristol has no entry test. Even Liverpool have started using ukcat this year
Original post by jsearapriet1
Hey guys, does anyone know how long our christmas break is? (thinking way ahead ahhaha). On the semester dates it says 6 December till 6 Jan there's a break but then they say that the break is only 2 weeks long.

Dec 6 to Jan 6 sounds about right, it's usually a month long, at least it was last year :smile:
I got 707 in the first 4 sections of the UKCAT but I got a band 4 in situational judgement. Can I still apply here, and where else can I apply?
Hi,

I have met the GCSE requirement score, I got B(one in fourth subject) BCC(1 UMS off a B) at AS and am predicted AAA. I got a UKCAT of 2640 and Band 1..I will be doing some resits of my AS is it worth applying? Also is there any way of stating on UCAS that you are doing some AS resits?

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending