The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
How long does it take for the confirmation email to come through?

Mine was sent off on the 1st :smile:

Really hope the cut off is around 630!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't know if you tried emailing the uni but they gave me the info that last year the cutoff was 2590 and for the previous cycle was 2340.

My prediction is this year it will be around 2500 because of 2 main reasons:
1) VR is hard every hear
2) DA was easier last year so the cutoff is high for last year. This year DA scores have fallen so average will fall too definitley lower than 2590.
would everyone here agree St George's is a 'safe choice'?
Original post by Paras Agarwal
i don't know if you tried emailing the uni but they gave me the info that last year the cutoff was 2590 and for the previous cycle was 2340.

1) VR is hard every hear
2) DA was easier last year so the cutoff is high for last year. This year DA scores have fallen so average will fall too definitley lower than 2590.

Ahh thank you! Gives me some hope :smile: I just assumed that since most people haven't been doing as well, more people around ~600- 690 would be applying here but had no specific figures :P

Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hukdealz

not exactly for resit applicants. The only thing that makes it safe is the fact that if you meet their minimum requirements you are GUARANTEED an interview :smile:

Depends on your other stats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Ahh thank you! Gives me some hope :smile: I just assumed that since most people haven't been doing as well, more people around ~600- 690 would be applying here but had no specific figures :P

Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

you too :thumbsup:
not exactly for resit applicants. The only thing that makes it safe is the fact that if you meet their minimum requirements you are GUARANTEED an interview :smile:

what are these minimum requirements?

my stats are:
8A*s GCSE
680UKCAT band 1 :frown:
excellent PS, plentiful volunteering etc.
ABBB pending remarks (yes, I know :frown:(()
AAA prediction (but possibility of achieving A*A*A*)
what are these minimum requirements?

my stats are:
8A*s GCSE
680UKCAT band 1 :frown:
excellent PS, plentiful volunteering etc.
ABBB pending remarks (yes, I know :frown:(()
AAA prediction (but possibility of achieving A*A*A*)

yeah they in fact exceed the min requirements for your GCSE but i dont know about your AS.. they say AABB or above.. check their website aye
yeah they in fact exceed the min requirements for your GCSE but i dont know about your AS.. they say AABB or above.. check their website aye

but agarwal gee they don't actually say on their website, it just says b in your 4th AS
but agarwal gee they don't actually say on their website, it just says b in your 4th AS

But have you actually achieved ABBB?
Original post by Jaska
But have you actually achieved ABBB?

I have, pending a remark.
I was predicted AAA and am fairly confident I am able to achieve A*A*A* this year.

Annoyingly enough, I was 2 UMS off an A in all 3 of my B subjects. I requested a remark for Biology, which I am still awaiting. I requested my script back for chemistry unit 2, and my teacher has found 4 marks which I should have got, but didn't due to a harsh marker.
I am applying for 2015 entry. My stats are:
IB 42 predicted (650 tariff)
UKCAT 710 average
I am intending to apply to St. George's as my safe choice. What do you think?
I really liked the university when I visited this summer, but I have to admit that the location was something negative for me.
Although in London (where I want to go), the area (Tooting) was not something that I liked. Overall, I'd be happy to get go to this university!
I have, pending a remark.
I was predicted AAA and am fairly confident I am able to achieve A*A*A* this year.

Annoyingly enough, I was 2 UMS off an A in all 3 of my B subjects. I requested a remark for Biology, which I am still awaiting. I requested my script back for chemistry unit 2, and my teacher has found 4 marks which I should have got, but didn't due to a harsh marker.

my remarks came back in 2 days god why is yours taking ages!
I've just applied!!! Eeeeee

1) VR is hard every hear

Thanks so much!! My UKCAT was 2510 so hopefully I can get an interview :smile:
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Thanks so much!! My UKCAT was 2510 so hopefully I can get an interview :smile:

lol those are just my predictions.. but i obviously do hope the cutoff is low :smile:
lol those are just my predictions.. but i obviously do hope the cutoff is low :smile:

After looking into it I agree with you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
but those were the previous cut off scores right? I emailed them and they never answered. I could never reach them by phone either :/
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
but those were the previous cut off scores right? I emailed them and they never answered. I could never reach them by phone either :/

They have low ukcat cutoffs but interviews will only be given to the best scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
They have low ukcat cutoffs but interviews will only be given to the best scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interviews will be given to the top 600 out of those who meet the entry requirements. Doesn't necessarily mean the best scores :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending