The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I think you'll be fine here :smile: definitely consider applying and at Cardiff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, yeh Cardiff is one of my choices, along with liverpool, Leicester and most probably SGUL. Do u know how Cardiff use the PS to assess?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patel101
Thanks, yeh Cardiff is one of my choices, along with liverpool, Leicester and most probably SGUL. Do u know how Cardiff use the PS to assess?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm applying to liverpool, Cardiff, sgul and imperial :smile:

I think they just want to see how well rounded you are, not sure on the exact wording tbh but maybe check their website??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Ah I'm applying to liverpool, Cardiff, sgul and imperial :smile:

I think they just want to see how well rounded you are, not sure on the exact wording tbh but maybe check their website??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh i see thanks, just hope for the best now, goodluck with your application! :smile:
Is it worth applying to St George's with average 590 UKCAT score ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
in 2013 it was around 620 or so so you'd probably need something around that
I did biomed there. Great place to study. Applying to kcl/qmul for dentistry this year :smile: and questions about georges life give me a shout
Original post by Olderandwiser23
I did biomed there. Great place to study. Applying to kcl/qmul for dentistry this year :smile: and questions about georges life give me a shout

a lot of people said the atmosphere around st george's is very culturally diverse and not very student life like, which doesn't sound great but in reality from a student perspective what's the place like?
Original post by 254
Hi! how big is each year group for medicine? do you learn alongside other healthcare workers- like nursing and physiotherapy students?
whats the course like? is it completely PBL?
why did you choose SGUL?
and what do you love about it?

Approx 150 students. Year one and two is primarily alongside the biomeds with physios and nurses occasionally making an appearance in lectures during first year. (A fair amount in the first semester in clinical sciences)
Original post by blissfully
a lot of people said the atmosphere around st george's is very culturally diverse and not very student life like, which doesn't sound great but in reality from a student perspective what's the place like?

Ha! It's unbelievably student like don't worry. It's a lovely atmosphere everyone knows everyone and there's a family like atmosphere in my opinion :smile:

Lots of parties lots of drinking and a lot of fun.

I also studied at kings for a year which was the total opposite. Both had good points :smile:
Ha! It's unbelievably student like don't worry. It's a lovely atmosphere everyone knows everyone and there's a family like atmosphere in my opinion :smile:

Lots of parties lots of drinking and a lot of fun.

I also studied at kings for a year which was the total opposite. Both had good points :smile:

thanks for the reply, so king's isn't fun or party/student like then?
Hey guys,

Just wanted some advice on whether I should apply to St.Georges international medicine program or not:

I got a 695 UKCAT, have a pretty solid personal statement and EC's and good grades.

I'm also an international student (Canadian)

What are my chances of receiving an interview?

Thanks
Original post by Nishchay
Hey guys,

Just wanted some advice on whether I should apply to St.Georges international medicine program or not:

I got a 695 UKCAT, have a pretty solid personal statement and EC's and good grades.

I'm also an international student (Canadian)

What are my chances of receiving an interview?

Thanks

Pretty strong I'd say, with that UKCAT you could also try other more UKCAT heavy unis :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 412
YAY just sent off my ucas! Good luck everyone hopefully the cutoff is low =)
Original post by Ashkun
YAY just sent off my ucas! Good luck everyone hopefully the cutoff is low =)

Yehh same here, hope I get a place SGUL is one of my top choice
Goodluck to everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Ikr I didn't think it would be that low?!

Hopefully cut offs lower at around 610 now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh that is quite low, hopefully we've done enough!
Does anyone have an idea of when they start interviewing and when they start giving them out, if im even that lucky?? lol

You've made me so happy. I thought I was doomed!
You've made me so happy. I thought I was doomed!

Me too, my ****ty score is actually above average :biggrin: by 5 marks that is
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Me too, my ****ty score is actually above average :biggrin: by 5 marks that is

Doesn't matter by how much! You still are :smile: that's all that matters. I was judging myself on last years average score I wanted over 700. Ended up getting 680 and cried my eyes out! Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending